chapter 19: does the asshole kiss well?

Merry Christmas 2020 :)

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
9:30am

"They have an update on Ryker's situation", Nina tells me as we walk into the training building.

I woke up a little early and took my pain medication. I have one more day left till I'm off them and then got Jordan situated before I left for class.

"Wonder what they're gonna do."

Nina makes a pfft sound. "He's gonna be kicked out obviously."

I shrug. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? He did you wrong twice. You're telling me you don't want to see him go?"

I look at her and sigh. "I don't know. Someone pushed him to do this and I don't know who or why."

"Who could it be?"

I shrug. She opens the door to the arena where people are sitting to know the fate of Ryker. It's not everyone in the mafia. But level 1-4 are all here. So that's still quite a few.

I sit in the near back but even so I got a lot of stares.

New girl already with a lot of drama?
Sigh, that's me.

Nina sits by me and put a hand on my thigh.

" Don't worry about it whatever happens will be for the best."

I nod. The door to the arena opens and I turn when I hear heels.

"What the fu*k?", Nina turns.

"Why is Gabriella here?"

She shrugs. "Beats me. Oh shit she's coming here."

Both of us look straight but our idea fails because she walks to us with a smile.

"Hey ladies, how are we today?"

We both look at her and give her a smile.Nina gives her a fake one but I give her a somewhat real one.

After all she did introduce me to Nina.

"Good, you?", I ask her.

"Just splendid." Gabriella sits by Nina and Nina gives me a face which I try not to laugh at.

"I wonder what they are going to do with him."

"Kick him out. They have to", Nina replies.

Gabriella shrugs and looks at me. "This is the second time he did something like this to you, right?"

I nod.

"He had the damn audacity to hurt one of the girls." She shakes her head and Nina scoffs.

The lights dim and Romero comes up on the stage platform. "Today we will be determine if one of us will be leaving the mafia or staying."

He turns to Ryker who is standing on a platform with guards on both sides.

"Ryker Ashton has deliberately hurt another trainee twice now. Once is a felony and against the code of conduct here at Grey and he still tried again. Although he may be good in his ranks and scores he has hurt his chance of becoming a top player in this mafia."

I look to Ryker who has his head down in shame. He's affected.

As he should be.

He turns to the audience. "So we casted a vote on if he should be eradicated or not."

Romero looks to me in the crowd. "But the main person who should determine this is Kiiara. Kiiara, would you come on stage?"

Nina and Gabriella look at me and I look back. Everyone's eyes were on me and I am not one for attention. I get up and make my way to the stage, passing Ryker.