chapter 54: back again

NILE
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
6:20am

I woke up to the scent of Kiiara filling my nostrils. I almost woke up smiling, but when I actually opened my eyes- I was confused.

I blink at the ceiling confused where I am till it kicks in. Kiiara and I finally made up last night.
After our emotional conversation, Kiiara and I chilled on the couch, her head on my chest and my hands all in her hair.

We were restraining from going all out on each other, which we managed but we couldn't take our hands off each other.

I look to the other side of the couch at the slight chance Kiiara was there but she wasn't.

I grab my phone and flip it over.
6:20 am

She's not up yet.

I see missed calls and texts from Gabe so I call him.

Thankfully he was up.

"Hey man. Where are you?"

"Kiiara's."

There was a beat. "Kiiara's?"

"Yes."

"Like- outside her house stalking or inside her house?"

"Fuck you. I'm inside her house because she let me in you hoe."

I could hear the astonishment in his silence.

"How?"

"I did it man. Finally came up to her and apologized and we talked it through. Heavy conversation but we made up."

I can hear his laugh through the phone. "Oh my God, just wait till Nina hears about this-"

"Don't tell her yet. We made up but I don't know how she will be today. Let me take a day or two with her at least."

"How long are you staying there?"

"I would stay here as long as she would let me, but we have that Romano deal in 3 days so I'll be back before that. I won't be at the base today I'm working from here, so give me whatever work I can do from here."

"Will do. Is she up? I wanna say hi."

"No, I'm gonna go shower and maybe make her breakfast to hope she's in a good mood."

"She can't say no to food. Also, I'm proud of you. You two are made for each other."

I smile. "She's all mine."

I cut the phone and head into my car, grabbing the small toiletry bag I keep in my car incase of last minute missions and long drives.

I flip the switch to her bathroom quietly, taking a shower and brushing my teeth without waking her up. I don't know when she wakes up now and I don't want to bother her.

The warm water soothes me, and as the obsessed freak I am for her, I examine her body wash and products, in awe that I'm in her space, in her bathroom.