chapter 33: affection

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
2 days post mission

Nile was upset.
Like really upset.

We came back to Grey and he left silently, saying nothing. Gabriel had to close the mission out. I got home, showered,and knocked on his door but he locked it and didn't answer.

Yesterday when we all woke up after our mission I barely heard any word from him. He came back home last night and only glanced at me.

I talked to Gabriel about it and he said Nile was angry at himself and he tends to shut down from others when he does.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

It was the next morning. Level 5 had a special training session today led by Luca.

"Luca may be like a brother to me in some ways, but I don't get how he looks like that and is still single", Nina said checking his muscles through his muscle tee.

I recalled glaring at her and then laughing because she was right.

He was handsome, pretty eyes, tanned, good hair, good physique. Despite being on the business side of this mafia he was a pretty good fighter and teacher, but of course his dad was the mafia leader as well.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
1:30pm

Class finally ended and I pick up my bag thinking of the amazing panini I'm gonna have for lunch.

"Kiiara", a hand gently stops me.

"Luca, hey", I say pulling my duffel bag closer to me.

"Hey", he smiles.

"How's Nile?", we both ask each other at the same time and he laughs.

"I guess both of us had the same thing in mind. You live with him so I just thought-"

"Yeah, and you work with him so I just thought", I laugh.

"But work is different. He's very business like when he has to work, came from our father. In many ways I act like my mom and he acts like my dad even though I was dad's favorite and he was mom's."

I raise my eyebrows, interested in Nile's childhood. "Oh really?"

Luca nods. "I was always supposed to run Grey Corporation though. Anyways, I have some business deals to discuss with you. I pulled up some histories of your parents-"

I got defensive. "Parents? Why?"

"Well, as we thought you're parents owned that warehouse-"

"But it turned out to be false."

Luca sighs. "Kiiara I'm not getting into your life to be mean, it's part of the mission. Mafia families keep their money very enclosed and trusted so it was hard to get any trace at all but I found something that I can crack with your help. It would help us find any ties to your great great grandfather and mine."

I look at him, thinking.

I would know if we had a secret family mafia, right?

Then again, this year has been full of I don't knows.

"Okay. Fine. I'll help you."

Luca's face breaks out into a smile. "Thank you. Thank you so much Kiiara."

I roll my eyes but smile and he grabs his phone.

"I'll text you to set up a meeting."

"Hey, wait."