chapter 30: i like you

first off, 2k in 3 months? Ily. Second, because of new classes I'm insanely busy so instead of 2 uploads a week it will be 1. Because I took so long to post, here's an extra long chapter with a scene at the end :)

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
9:30am

I decided to woman the fuck up and show up today. It was a Sunday, so not everyone had a class including me.

I took the backroad to the cafeteria to gather my woman badass that I have before I lock eyes with anyone.

I reach the private area door and open it walking in. I scan around.

No one here yet.

Good.

I gather some fruit, two pancakes and some orange juice. I set my plate down and feel arms wrap around me.

"How are you?"

I turn to Nina and sigh. "I'm alright."

She shows me worried eyes. "I wanted to see you yesterday but you weren't at his place."

"I was with Jordan."

"Are you ready?" Gabriella's trial in like 30 minutes."

I rub my temples. "I know. I'm as ready as I can be. I want her to get what she deserves."

Nina nods. "Me too. I may have been friends with her the past two years but what she did wasn't right."

I hear the red curtain that separates the cafeteria from the private room and see Gabriel with a plate of food, mouth stuffed with breakfast food.

"Kiiara!", he walks up to me and gives me a cheek kiss. I squirm away.

"Do NOT kiss me with a mouth full of eggs."

Gabriel raises a brow. "Oh really?" He proceeds to give me small kisses all over my cheek while I squirm trying to leave his touch.

Nina smiles and rolls her eyes.

"Oh don't worry I got you too, love." Gabriel kisses her check and forehead and we all sit down to eat.

"So, you ready Ki?"

I nod. "Just want this to be over with."

"Me too."

Gabriel checks his phone and sighs. "Sorry girls, boss calls."

Nina responds. "Nile's not coming for breakfast?"

He shakes his head. "He just called me for some last minute things before his trial. Gabriel downs the rest of his orange juice then kisses Nina's head and then mine.

As he walks away I squirm. "Don't kiss me with food in your mouth again!"

He responds while walking way. "I'll make sure to do it more honey."

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

Nina stays by my side while everyone gathers in the big auditorium. I knew Gabriella was well known, she was the top female agent in this mafia base. I wouldn't lie that I felt sad she was on trial in front of all these people.

But you get what you deserve.

I got a bunch of stares as Nina and I sat down. I didn't want to be here.
The amount of times I've been involved in something in this mafia hasn't been healthy.

I just want to go eat and sleep.

Nina holds my hand when the lights go down and Nile and Luca walk to the stage.