chapter 13: touch

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

Nile kept his word and I was able to meet with Jordan again. It seemed to ease both of us and I looked forward to it every week.

Thursday's.
Nile didn't say much to me as usual, but at nights he'd come through my window 2-3 times a week. He wouldn't always sleep over and if he did he would leave the moment I fell asleep because I would wake up when he's gone.

He's busy with a project, and I'm busy going up the ranks.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
One week later

"And it's this Friday?"

"Yup", Nina nods as we walk to the cafeteria for a brunch snack.

Both of us finished training early and we super hungry.

"How's Ryker treating you in that class?"

I shrug. "Barely makes eye contact and is much quieter. Guess he learned his lesson."

"As he should. You were healing from those bruises for a while, which by the way your skin is glowing. Eyeliner would really suit you, ya know."

I sigh. "I love to wear eyeliner but I don't have any."

She gives me a look. "Girl did you not bring makeup with you?"

Right, she doesn't know I was taken captive and left my home in 6 seconds with nothing.

"Guess I forgot."

"Well, lucky for you you have a bomb ass friend. I have a new stick of liner, I'll give it to you."

I stop walking and gape at her. "Are you kidding? That'll make my day I miss myself without my cat liner."

She smiles and salutes her phone to me. "Always."

I get a blueberry muffin while Nina orders coffee.

By the coffee section I see Gabriel stirring his.

"Hi busy boy."

Gabriel looks at me. "Hi busy girl."

"Watcha up to?"

"Getting Nile and I some coffee."

"That busy, huh?"

"Oh Kiiara, I wanna tear my eyes out after. This project has gotten both of us tired."

Gabriel looked fine but I knew better.

"Yeah and then you have to watch me."

He closes the lids on the coffee. "Yeah, but I actually like doing that. I may be good with numbers but I don't like using them all day."

Nina walks up to us.

"Hey Nenita."

Nina rolls her eyes but gives a small smile.

"Did you ever ask Nile about a duel?"

Gabriel sighs. "No not yet, he's been super busy. You look nice today."

"Psh please, I look the same everyday." Nina's smile at the end gave her blush away.

Gabriel gets a phone call and once he's done, he turns to us again. "Sorry ladies, work calls. I'll give you a call, Nenita."

She nods.

Once he leaves I smile. "You like him."

"Pshhh whatt?" She rolls her eyes. "No. Not even." Then she stirs her coffee mindlessly. "That's bullshit."