chapter 25: jealousy

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
" I brought you guys here because I have important news. News that could potentially change things."

Nile brought the whole mafia for important news. Looking at him I noticed that he looked stressed. He hid it well with that stoic expression of his but I've been with him many nights to know his face dulls when he is stressed or exhausted.

"As you know, I've been following the mystery of my parents crash in January. My younger brother, Luca has flown from Italy today and will accompany me in digging this out. We found some information out today and I want to ensure our mafia is safe and prepared for anything."

"What could he have found out?", Alyssa quietly asks me. I shrug.

"I will be updating everyone's training schedules. Don't worry I will not be adding new hours to your day, but the hours you do have will be used to the very most."

"That's not so bad", Alyssa remarks.

I have a feeling there's more.

"There's some more."

Knew it.

"We may have to go into battle unexpectedly if Luca and I's hunch is correct. Therefore, I'm speeding up the ranks. For everyone's exam next week you will all have a physical and mental capacity exam in order to level up. These exams will be a little different than what it is now. We need to ensure all our agents are mentally and physically able to protect this mafia."

Some people start whispering about his words.

"Competing for the ranks will be at an all time high. I don't want to do this but 100 out of the 15o agents in this base will be able to fight, the remaining 50 will be staying here keeping watch. I really need the best out of this group."

He takes a deep breath before continuing. "All of you are very hard workers and can easily be number one in any other mafia, but we are not any other mafia. My father, may he Rest In Peace is from the bloodline of the Italian Mafia. One of the strongest and infamous mafia's known."

"So, work the hardest for your upcoming exams, it will be a competition like never before. Now go rest and fuel your bodies, goodnight." Nile walks out of the platform leaving the audience alarmed and alert.

"Potential battle?", A trainee in my group says. "We barely finished our training camp."

Alyssa shrugs. "Yeah but we are spies, we need to be ready for anything."

My mind was on Nile. Something had to have happened.

I should go look for him.

I look at the part of the platform he walked on and exited the arena, going through hallways looking for the back of the stage.

I find the hallway and pause to see if anyone is looking.
I don't want rumors going through.

Should I even look for him?

Kiiara, f it.

I walk into the hallway and take a right, the backstage of the arena we were in. I see some people but no one I recognize. I back out from backstage and decide to take the left.

I run into a body and when I look up I see Nile's hands cupping my face.

"Did you make it? Did you pass to Level 5?" His voice was urgent.

I nod, unable to speak. He seemed super stressed and I was concerned as to why.

He exhales. "Good."