chapter 16: try me

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
Thursday

It was the day before exams but for now I was just focused on my call with Jordan.

I've been heading to the same room for a few weeks, Gabriel working in the same room while I talk to Jordan.  Nile was pretty busy and had missed the last two. I mean, I don't mind but he's the one who wanted to come.

Don't lie, you do mind.

Ugh, I guess a bit.

I sit in the seat as Gabriel sets up the laptop real quick and the Face Time call goes on.

Francesco picks up, and recently we've been making small talk. "Hey Kiiara, how are you doing?"

I smile and nod. "Doing good, Francesco."

"Heard your Level 2 exam is soon. Good luck."

Francesco had long hair a little above his shoulders but it really suited him.

I laugh thinking how funny it is that I'm making friends with the group who tried to kidnap my brother.

"Let me hand it over to little buddy over here."

Jordan comes into view and the big smile on his face made me smile.

"Hi buddy, whatcha up to?"

"Hi Kiki, nothing. Fran and I are going to make pizza tonight! He said it is a family recipe."

"Fran?"

"Francesco. He doesn't like when I call him Fran because he said its a girls name but I still do", his eight-year old self brags.

I laugh. "Well then, hows school?"

"I'm gonna have summer break once I finish my work!"

Jordan sounded super proud and happy about it that he caught up to his grade.

He then asked me some more questions which I had to dodge.
Halfway through him showing me his drawings, Nile comes in and closes the door quietly.

My head moves up to see him and his glance heads right towards me. He was dressed in a navy blue polo, black jeans with his signature black leather jacket.

I get a little nervous talking to Jordan around him, but he sits in a corner and checks his phone.

"Kiki? You like it?"

Nile's eyes head to mine when he hears "Kiki" and mine head to the computer.

"Yeah its super cute."

"I made one of you." Jordan shows up a piece of white printer paper with a face and short black hair like mine. It looked like me and not me at the same time but I was still warmed and surprised.

"That's so cute.. wow Jordan", I say staring at the decently drawn picture.

My hair hits right at my shoulders now.