chapter 48: birthday surprise

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
November 20th
It's been almost a month since Jordan and I moved into our place.

It's decently furnished with a cozy vibe to it.
The only thing we don't have is a TV, so our movie nights are with pasta and my macbook.

It's also my birthday.

Jordan surprised me with breakfast in bed: toast with jam, scrambled eggs and a caramel coffee.

It was so sweet, and I felt so happy having a peaceful birthday morning with just Jordan.

It's been different, not being around so many people anymore. But I feel happy, like I'm slowly slowly healing myself up. I got a job at a nearby cafe, but since my resume was good they gave me a higher position then just waiting tables. I help with making drinks as well as plan events which gives an extra salary boost that I need.

It was cold in the city, so I wore a grey sweatshirt after my shower and started tidying the place up. My phone rang.

I pick up the phone to see Gabe's name.

Before I can even say hello, I hear Gabe and Nina.

"Happy birthday!"
"Happy birthday bitch!", it was said in unison except for the "bitch" part that was obviously Nina.

I hear the FaceTime ring, "We wanna see the hot ass birthday girls' face."

Smiling I hit answer and make a face at the camera. Their faces light up seeing me and Nina jumps up and down.

"HAPPYBIRTHDAYBITCHILOVEYOUSOMUCHH"

I laugh hard. "Thanks guys, I miss you."

"We miss you more, pretty. How's things? How's Jordan?"

"Things are good, and Jordan is good too. He's settling into homeschooling and he made me breakfast in bed today."

"I'm telling you, Jordan is gonna be the most respectful man when he grows up."

"He better be, I'm raising him" I say giving some attitude.

"What's birthday girl's plans?"

"Not much, I have work in 2 hours, get off at 7 and then I'm going to order some Cheesecake Factory and watch a movie."

"Boring."

"Booo"

I make a defensive face. "Hey what are you two booing at?"

Gabe rolls his eyes. "Your plans are boring. Wish we could be there to make it exciting."

"I know, it would be nice to see you guys again."

"Yeah we miss you a lot. I have to go train but text me okay? Love you bitch byeee", Nina leaves the screen and it's just me and Gabe.

"Lemme see the apartment, looks much better from what I can see", he pretends to search around the back of my camera on face time and I laugh.

I give him a small tour, the stools by the kitchen island. Our cozy grey velvet couch, white coffee table facing a bare wall. A small bathroom with large windows, our bedroom, and a small room that I plan to make a study, or a bedroom.