chapter 28: fire

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was in utter shock and pain and disbelief.

I was walking back to my room from practice ready to go spend time with Jordan since it was his birthday.

I can't even express how I felt when I saw the front entrance of my room lit on fire. I turn to see Gabriella looking frantic with wide eyes.

She was looking at me.

I look back and forth from my room to hers.

She didn't?

She couldn't?

She looked absolutely horrified as she ran away.

I couldn't even go after her because my mind was on Jordan.

How could she be so selfish?

I run towards my room stopping near the fire yelling his name.

The smell of burning wood burns my nose when I see the girls come out of their rooms by me.

"JORDAN? JORDAN CAN YOU HERE ME?"

I hear nothing.

I decide to go near the fire trying to barge open the door while the rest of the house catches on fire.

"Kiiara!" I feel a body push me far away from the door.

I get up immediately when Ninas arms block me again.

"Stop- why are you going near the fire?"

"Jordan J- Jordan", I hyperventilate.

I can't breathe.

I can't think.

My baby brother is in there.

He's trapped.

"SOMEONE GET JORDAN OUT!", I cry.

"Who's Jordan? Babes what happened-"

I angry brush my tears away stomping to the area where I saw Gabriella run.

She wasn't there.

That possessive bitch.

How could she? How could she do this to me?

Surely she didn't know Jordan was there but who is jealous  enough to burn a house?

I eventually find her grabbing her by the shirt.

"Did you do this? How could you? How could you be jealous enough to put a house on fire?"

Her eyes became glassy and her voice became desperate. "I'm so sorry I wasn't intentionally trying to the-"

I shake her shoulder violently. "You're so fu*king selfish. I cannot believe you would-"

I leave her taking a breather. All the girls were looking, some calling for backup some staring.

"Jordan? Jordan can you hear me? It's Kiiara!", I tell hoping he would come out.

I look for Nina to see she's gone. My house was completely on fire, when some men come with hoses putting it down.

I need to get out of this situation.

I run away from the building trying to gather my thoughts and remember Jordans agenda.

Francesco was going to pick him up.
He has to be with him.
He has to.

I sit by a rock putting my face in my hands struggling to breathe.