chapter 29: promises

NILE
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
9:00am

It was a Saturday so I let Kiiara and Jordan sleep in after everything that happened yesterday.

I still have a headache from it.

I knew Kiiara had 2 classes today so I would excuse her if she didn't make it.

Anyone would.

It was different knowing I had people in the apartment now that it wasn't just me. I tried to be as quiet as I could when leaving the place resisting the urge to open the door and check on her.

I was worried and angry last night that her safety was compromised on my account, and if I could I wouldn't have let her go. I would have hugged her till I got that feeling out of my chest but when I leaned in and almost kissed her, I knew I shouldn't before things become messy.

Sure we've kissed- made out before. But if I kissed her during that time it would be like I took advantage. Thinking about this I drive towards the office where I had a meeting with Luca.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
Office

I greet my secretary sipping on the iced coffee I made opening the door to my office. I see Luca sitting on my desk with his laptop on it.

"Kiiara's house was on fire yesterday? Is she and Jordan okay?"

I close my door and take my leather jacket off. "Yeah they're fine. You heard about this now?"

He closes the laptop angrily. "Yes. Why didn't you call me I could have helped?"

"Sorry man I was in a rush, it was just Gabriel and I", I said honestly, but I still felt bad I left him out of the loop.

He looked annoyed. "Is Jordan still having training today? I was going to assist."

I shrug. "I don't know. If both of them don't show up today I won't be worried they deserve  some rest."

Luca slumps, his sky blue button up creating creases. "I've yet to meet Kiiara and Jordan. I need to meet them I'm on this mission."

I nod indicating for him to get out of my office chair.

Seeing anyone in that seat annoys me.

I envisioned Kiiara sitting on the chair legs crossed pen in hand thinking about something, and I knew she would be the only one I'd let sit on my chair.

Luca snaps his fingers and I snap out of my thoughts. "Hello? Hermano, I'm speaking to you."

"Sorry what did you say?"

"I said Zio sent me some more code for Mom's note that I want to go over with you."

He looks at me closely as I nod. "Let's do it."

It was about an hour and a half till I got a text from my phone.

Kiiara: Why didn't you wake me when you left? Idk how to use the alarm clock and I have practice at 10.