Chapter 40

Loki POV

Loki's was pacing in his cell, Eloise's note crumpled in his pocket. It was cutting dangerous close to the hour mark and he was getting worried. Relax he told himself, any second now they were going to come around the corner. He heard a commotion outside, and ten asgardian soldiers came around the corner. "Your presence has been requested in the throne room by the allfather. "

He was handcuffed, a chained at his neck, feet, and wrists and to two guards. He kept his face composed, what happened?  He felt Eloise's thoughts snarled, a complication, he caught a brief image of a knife in her hand and blood, we are having to go nuclear option.   Her thoughts calmed down please know I don't mean any of what I am about to say. I love you with all my heart.  He felt her absolute sincerity and her resolve strengthening to do something  though she was blocking him from seeing what.

He arrived in the throne room, Odin was seated on his throne, though not in his armor but in his robes, Eloise in a dark colored gown, that some how made her seem colder, and more angular, he realized it completely hidden her belly while at the same time gave her an air of being severe and imposing, her normally loose hair caught up in a knot at the back of her neck. She had knives straped to both of her fore arms, and in one hand she held a staff with a dark rough cut crystal in it. Thor was to her right, his face somber and both were surrounded by no less than twenty guards, he heard a sniff, his gaze landed on pathetic figure figure of Amora, holding a bandage on her shoulder seated at the bottom of the column he was closest to. As he stopped he glanced at Eloise, she only stared daggers at Odin, not acknowledging Loki.

"Princess you have asked for the life of the person who cost you your family, and here he is, Loki Odinson-" Loki interrupted, "Actually if we're being correct its Loki Laufeys-" "SILENCE!" Loki felt cold metal appear on his mouth and he rolled his eyes. Odin continued breathing heavy, "Loki Odinson, as a child he asked me how could you be a fae as they were all supposedly dead. It is his life that should be forfeit to you but alas my dear I am afraid you have no right to claim such a debt. A blood debt, can only be claimed by the reigning monarch. Which you are not."

Loki saw Eloise lock her jaw, she held her head high, "SILENCE YOU OLD FOOL!" She slammed her staff on the ground, and she began to glow with a faint grey black energy, "My father is dead, slain at the hands of Thanos the mad titan, I lay claim to the crown of Fairy. I AM THE CROWNED QUEEN." He could feel the oppressive darkness emanating from Eloise, a crown of raw emeralds appeared on her head. "Now Odin, I am your equal, you will give me the man who cost me everything," she began to approach Odin, "you will give me Loki, to square his debt to me and you Odin, your debt to me you will personally square at a later date." The soldiers began to approach her, she whipped around, every soldier was thrown back and knocked out cold including Amora, the chains that had held him to the other soldiers broke, only him and Thor remained standing although he could see Thor was having trouble staying standing.

Both could feel her fury and malicious intent.  She slowly turned back to Odin, "See what you and your son have wrought, I have become exactly why you feared the fae in the first place. You both ripped out my heart and I will destroy you. Now Odin, will you honor the blood debt and give Loki to me?" She was now standing infront of Odin towering over him. "I-i-i... Yes, he is yours." She slowly allowed the grey oppressive energy to fade. "Thor will occompany me to earth, you will never again force him to return here and he shall marry whom he pleases, Lord help you Odin if you interfere with his happiness I will come back and rip your heart out my self." She said cruelly. She then turned around and grandly exited the throne room.

Thor quickly grabbed him under the arm and followed her out. "She's going to kill me brother." Loki was afraid, not of death, but how quickly her demeanor had changed, had she really given into the darkness and fooled him just to have a chance to kill him. Thor chuckled, "Your wife is quiet terrifying when she wants to be." They quickly headed towards the bifrost only to find Heimdall supporting Eloise, waiting for them. "My queen, I am so sorry I could not open the bifrost before to you." Heimdall carefully handed Eloise off to Thor and turned to free Loki.  He glanced to see Thor fully supporting her and wrapping his cloak around her, "Brother, we need to go now." They stepped forward and Heimdall opened the bifrost.

They landed in a snow covered forest and Eloise crumpled to the ground.