Chanpter 29

Hold on
Extreme Music

Eloise POV

After resting most of the day she felt alright. Steve and Wanda had checked on her several times, bringing her food, Pepper had even brought her flowers and stayed to talk. But now it was after midnight and she was wide awake. Bilgsnipe was with her, snoring peacefully, she felt confident she wasn't under imminent attack, he always seemed to react just before something happened. Who knows, maybe he really was a hell hound like Loki had suggested.  Her thoughts drifted to Loki, he had finally fallen asleep and she didn't want to wake him even though she was bored and missed him. 

She began to think about the fact that Avengers campus was no longer a safe haven for her. Thanos clearly knew where she was and was going to send more people or things after her, shuttering at the thought about what he had sent after her last night. It had definitely been female, towering over her, with terrifying blue black eyes and blue horns. She grabbed her laptop, it was time to consider where she wanted to go, it would be best to keep on the move while she looked for the perfect spot. She hoped Loki would come with her. He didn't seem very happy to be back at Asgard, and she didn't relish the idea of being royalty and then being attacked repeatedly, especially since she had already been kidnapped from there once. 

Then again he was a prince, she nervously chewed on her lip, he might want her to joint him there to raise their child. Ugh she was going round and round in her head getting frustrated.  She decided she needed to get up and get moving. Time to dance it out, she always felt better dancing out her feelings. As she danced she didn't notice her surroundings shift, nor did she hear Bilgsnipe barking. It wasn't till she felt the wind against her skin did she open her eyes and realized she was back in the forest.

She froze half expecting to be attacked by dark self. As she waited she realized how exposed she felt, she'd only been wearing Loki t-shirt which barely covered her butt. But when she looked down she found she was wearing a loose white cotton shift dress. Well atleast if I am gonna have to fight something I'm not in just my underwear and a t-shirt  she shrugged to herself. It was then that she heard approaching heavy foot steps, she quickly stepped behind a tree

"Its all right, mo leanbh, no harm shall be fall you tonight." A male scottish voice called to her, it was a calm soothing voice, she debated whether or not to answer. "I understand you have every right to be frightened.  But come, Eloise, we haven't much time. The seer will have seen you disappear and will be calling for that trickster of a husband of yours. " the voice called, much closer to her. She conjured her knives, and she jumped out. She was surprised to see a tall gentlemen in front of her, he had loose red tousled curls, merry blue eyes, and a ready smile. He was broad in the shoulders and strong. He held his hands up in a peaceful gesture. "It is good to see you, nk leanbh." His eyes teared up a little looking at her. "Who are you and what do you want?" She said not moving. "I am here to help you."

They were now seated next to each other on a log, "I cannot say much right now but I promise everything will become clear. " he said, "Why do you call me mo leanbh?" She asked her arms crossed. "It roughly translates to another language that is close to mine, it is an endearment."

Loki POV

There was a banging on the door to his chambers and as Loki sat up, Thor ran in. "Brother, Eloise has vanished from Heimdalls sight." Loki reached out to her with his thoughts to find a wall around her thoughts, he could feel she was unharmed, slightly confused, but other than that he had no sense of her. The brothers ran towards Heimdall and the bifrost only to be met by Odin.  "The girl is missing again?" He asked Thor as Loki frantically paced, "Yes father." "Heimdall, what happened?" Odin asked,  "One moment she was on Midgard and the next all I can see is a forest and fog and I have no sense of where the realm maybe other than it is not Midgard." Heimdall answered. "Go my sons." Odin gave his blessing and the brothers were sent back to earth.

Eloise POV

The man sighed, "Your husband has noticed your absence. I am afraid I must leave you now. But I shall see you soon. Slán leat mo leanbh." She felt him gently kiss her forehead, a feeling of warmth and well being spread thru her and then she found herself back in one of the trees near avengers campus watching the bifrost open. She saw Loki and Thor land and take off running. Something must be wrong, she vanished trying to aim for appearing just in front of them.  Instead she ended up over correcting and slid past them, knocking into Thor. "Loki!" She shouted joyously, only to have him grab her roughly by the shoulders, "Where were you? Heimdall couldn't see you." He grasped her chin roughly, looking her over. Damn he was right, Eloise said to herself, as Loki pulled her to and fro, looking her over for injuries. "Take it easy I'm fine." She yank his head down forcing him to look into her eyes. "See, no harm no foul." Actually she felt great, she had still been quiet sore and tender from being attacked last night. She almost felt like bouncing she felt so healthy. Thor grasped her from behind pulling her into a bear hug, "Nice to see you again too big guy, easy your crushing me!" Eloise said with enthusiasm. Loki pulled her out of Thor's hug into one of his own, putting his head to hers. "I was afraid you were gone again." He whispered. "I'll always fine my way back to you." She gently kissed his cheek with a smile.