Chapter 30

Loki POV

As he looked her over he couldn't find anything wrong with her but something was different.  She looked like she was almost glowing. She arched an eye brow at him. "I'm so glad to see you." She finally broke the silence.  "Hey Rudolph is back. Thank God, he can take over watching you. I don't know how you manage. All she does is gets into trouble. " Stark had seen the bifrost open, and came out to greet Thor and Loki, only to find Eloise wrapped around Loki.

"Come on love birds, we need to have a meeting." Tony waved everyone into the kitchen. "First thing first, we need to know if either of you recognize the alien that attacked Eloise the other night." Tony threw up footage on the screen. Loki watched the footage, it was horrific, seeing Eloise being thrown thru her window to the front lawn, he could barely takes in the fight when he sees the creature, "That is Proxima Midnight... she is a member of the Black Order, they work for Thanos.", he looks at Eloise who is standing against the wall, arms crossed. "I am assuming she escaped." Loki asked. Eloise snorted, staring at him, "Decidedly not."

"Well done sister." Thor congratulates her. "You fought bravely and defended yourself well." "Yes, but Thanos will not likely take this loss lying down. He will send more." Loki continues. "I agree," Eloise spoke up, stepping forward, "which is why I'm leaving." The room erupted into chaos, "You'll be safe here," "of course we'll help protect you." "Life would be boring without you Sparkles," she stood waiting for silence. "I am a sitting duck here. Like it or not all of you are high profile, you draw attention by simply being yourselves. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anyone got hurt just because I am staying here. I'm leaving tomorrow morning." She then turned on her heel and left the kitchen.

Loki met her back in their room, she was quickly putting her things in a bag, when he stopped and grabbed her hands. "Leaving me already?" He asked trying to sound like he was teasing her but instead doubt creeped into his voice. She looked up surprised, "What? No? I assumed I wouldn't be able to talk you into not coming with me." She looked him in the eyes, "Did you really think I wouldn't want you with me?" She asked him softy. "You seemed like you were pretty set on going on your own..." he avoided answering. "Loki, given that I could talk to you in Asgard, I really don't think I could get away from you for very long. Even if I wanted to, which just for the sake of being 100% clear I do not want you to be away from me." She kissed his hand and then went back to packing.

"Would you do me a favor though? Would you take Thor to see Jane first?" He was surprised by this, "I know he misses her and it would make him happy to see her again." His stomach dropped again, "You want me to leave you?" Eloise rubbed her temples like she was frustrated, "Not at all, you silly man, but frankly you can get him there and back safely, plus I want to check out a few things first." Loki thought back to the other night, to the panic he had felt when she was attacked, "I'm not sure I want you going off on your own..." She rolled her eyes at him, "You do realize I have only been attacked since you and Thor showed up right? I'm convinced that is no coincidence." Pleading with her, "Please stay here and wait for me to get back..." she shook her head, "I can't." Loki felt desperate, "I JUST WANT TO KEEP YOU SAFE!" he shouted at her.

She looked up in surpise at him. "Come here." She said quietly, pulling him down so he was kneeling before her while she sat on the bed, he laid his head down on her lap, his arms wrapped around her. She stroked his hair as she spoke, softly and evenly, "Loki, I promise you I am not leaving you. There are just somethings I want to arrange as a contingency plan and I have my own research to do. Loki, I have to find out what I am and how I am supposed to choose between the light and the dark. I can't do that, if I'm locked away."

He listened to her, on one hand, he knew Thor missed Jane and he hadn't left him at all during the time Eloise was missing, but the idea of  her running off on her own scared him. She was still stroking his hair when she made him an offer, "What if I took someone with me?" He looked up at her, "that way you would know I wouldn't be alone." "Who would you ask?" "I had thought to ask Bucky. He was able to hide from Steve for nearly 18 months after the collapse of SHEILD. He knows how to blend in and he also isn't afraid of my magic and can calm me down if something happens." Loki felt his jealous flare, "You are close to him." he hissed. She sighed, and grabbed his chin,  "Loki, jealousy isn't flattering. He understands how I feel, he has so many gaps in his memory from when he was brainwashed by Hydra." She explained, "he's my friend, and besides, I love you, you ridiculous man."

"Fine, if he agrees. But if he doesn't then you will stay here." Eloise nodded. "Now come on your friends will want to say goodbye to you and it seems I have an offer to make to Thor. " Loki pulled Eloise up and together they walked down stairs to the waiting goodbye party. In true Stark fashion, Tony never did anything in half measures, soon everyone was enjoying themselves. Thor was overjoyed when Loki offered to take him on a short trip to see Jane. See? I told you he'd be happy,  Eloise thought to him.

Eloise POV

"Bucky, could I ask you for a favor?" Eloise broached him towards the tail end of the party, "I heard you say earlier you were headed out too. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would you come with me for a few days? Loki is going to take Thor to visit his girlfriend for a few days and he would feel much better if I didn't go alone." Bucky smiled at her, "Smart man, sure doll, I'd be happy to accompany you. Any idea where we will be headed?" "I have a few ideas." She left the location vague. "Thanks Bucky, I really appreciate it." Baby sitter acquired, happy now?  She teased Loki.  I'd rather I be the babysitter  but since you are determined to be mysterious about what you are up to, I'll put on a happy face for you, he smiled at her from across the room.