Chapter 15

It had been two days since Valerio brought Gino back from the villa in the middle of nowhere.Looking at the mirror, Gino adjusted the collar of his shirt before grabbing his phone and wallet, then headed for the door. Gino called out to his grandma. Making his way toward the living room

"Hey, Grandma, I'm heading off to work now."

Walking into the room, Gino saw his grandma looking at the photo album, which contained pictures of his parents.

Sitting beside his grandma, Gino looked at the pictures of his parents on their wedding day; someone had taken a shot of the couple in the middle of exchanging a kiss.

Gino smiled at the sight wishing that they were still with him.

"Your mother was a beauty who successfully conquered your father's heart," said Doris turning her attention to look at Gino

Doris saw the pendent on Gino and reached out her hand to touch it.

"By the way, Grandma, I've been meaning to ask you about his pendent, its origin and where it came from; why did Mother leave this for me? Where did she get it from."

"It was given to her by a handsome young man that she had saved on one of her visits home from college. Your mother had found a young man by the river who had passed out due to excessive injuries and bought him home, I had asked her to bring him to the hospital, but she insisted on using her nursing skills to nurture him until he was better.After he had recovered, he left town; the only thing he gave your mother was this gem; your mother told me it's called a dragon tears."

" A dragon's tears?"

"Yes, this is what she had called it; before taking her last breath, she told me it needed to be given to you."

"Me? did mother tell you why."

"No, just that, whatever happens, must be handed to you."Gino picked up the pendant around his neck and looked at it; the more Gino looked, the more he felt it was alive, giving him a sense of comfort. With a sigh, Gino tucked it back inside his collar before speaking.

"I must go now, Grandma, or I'll be late for work."

Gino kissed his grandma and headed out, getting up from his spot only to stop midway when his grandma spoke.

"Gino darling, be sure to invite him over for dinner."

Turning around, Gino replied

"Grandma, what are you talking about? No, wait, who are you talking about."

"I'm talking about the person you disappeared with for two days."

"Ahh, grandma, what are you saying? He is going to be my new boss."

"I see, the more reason to invite him over; get going now, or you'll be late", exclaimed Gino's grandma leaving no room for Gino to reply

Gino leaves the living room with a groan, leaving his grandma alone.

Arriving at The Bristo, Gino walked in through the back entrance; his boss greeted him upon his arrival.

"Ah, Gino, there you are. Quick, go and get your makeup done."

"Makeup, Rob, what's going on."

"We have a special event today. A big-time billionaire is sponsoring today's event."

"Who is it, and what event are you talking about?"

"Mr Valerio from Enterprise Inc is sponsoring today's fashion runway to help raise money for a good cause; I don't have time to explain quickly; go get ready."

Before Gino could respond, Rob pushed him into the storage room; turning around, Gino could see that their standard storage room was now being converted into a fitting room with a few men and women he had never seen before getting their makeup done.

Gino looked back at his co-workers and realised that none of them was being forced to change or getting their faces done for the event,

Gino stood at the door for a few moments wanting to go back out and confront Rob about why he was the only one being made into a makeup doll.

A man that seemed to be in charge of everything saw Gino standing idly and spoke.

"What are you doing standing there? Come and get yourself done; we need you on stage soon, Charlie; please get him ready."

"Yes, sir," replied Charlie, who was currently making his way over to Gino.

Gino was guided to the only empty seat in the room furthest from the exit while Charlie got to work, turning him into something he would never dream of becoming, a runway model. Charlie worked quickly, covering Gino with powder and glitter before changing him into an exquisite outfit.