Chapter 3

Valerio had an important meeting with one of his managers in charge of the company's new project, working toward a healthier, more sustainable environment.

Nick was also involved in many company projects and successes; this was the first time Valerio had agreed to make him manager of their new building project that would commence in the upcoming weeks.

They had agreed to meet at The Bristo as it was also owned by Nick's brother Rob; although Valerio had heard about the Bristo, he just never had the time to come.

Tonight, however, he is here for business purposes only.

He is there to look over the design; if he's happy with what he sees, the project will start with a breeze.

Valerio's driver parked in one of the few VIP parking spaces before getting out and opening the door for him; Exiting the vehicle, Valerio stood as his chauffeur put his jacket on for him, not bothering to put his arms through the two walked towards the building.

The night breeze gently swayed past him, sending chills through him along with a familiar scent he found alluring. The last time he had smelled something this heavenly was a few years back, during a time he saw hard to forget.

Once they reached the entrance, the chauffeur held open the door; a waiter was already there, taking his jacket from him and leading him to a private room where Nick was waiting. Valerio walked behind the waiter, not paying attention to anything until the waiter stopped in front of a brown door.

"Nick is just behind this door; please go in."With a nod of his head to show his gratitude, Valerio entered the dull grey room; everything in the room was plain, from the one painting that is on the wall to the simple furniture in it; the only good thing about the room was the large window that allowed a person to see the whole first floor, of course, the patrons were not able to see them as it is tinted dark.

"Sir, it is good to see you. Please take a seat," said Nick standing to greet his boss and gesturing for him to be seated, then proceeded to take out the blueprints that he had;

Nick knows the nature of his boss; the man always got to business first before any chit-chatting was involved. Learning the man's character next to him, Nick did not waste a second getting to the point.

Gino had just finished his fifteen-minute break before returning to the stage with his instrument and the rest of his co-workers. Once everyone was in place, they started to play a soft, smooth melody.

An Old couple had begun to walk toward the dance floor. The old male twirled his partner around before putting his hand behind her back while his other hand clasped hers.

The couple gently started swaying left and right, getting lost in the smooth acoustic sound of the violin and bass.

The old couple danced like no one was watching their eyes, only for each other. The more Gino gazed at the couple, the more he longed for someone to love him and to look at him the way the husband looked at the wife.

How great would it be? Just as he was about to move his gaze from the loving couple, a movement from behind the couple caught his attention; they were coming down the stairs was a man that Gino had not seen since he had worked here at The Bistro.

The man had a dangerous yet charming aura around him; the more Gino looked, the more his heart fluttered in his chest, sending an electric vibe all over his small thin body.

Not being able to hold his shaking body any longer, Gino was about to push himself out from the stage; luckily, the song had finished; he quickly put down his instrument and rushed off the scene towards the bathroom, leaving his co-workers confused.

Valerio was near the building's exit when the alluring scent caught him off guard; not knowing who the owner of the smell belonged, he scanned the crowd with a deep frown.

"Sir is everything alright," asked the chauffeur

Ignoring the question, Valerio continued to scan the crowd every time he came up with a possible suspect; he would be disappointed when they produced a scent different from the one he had hoped for. As on cue, Nick also came down the stairs; seeing that his boss was still there, standing looking confused, he quickly made his way over.

"Sir, I think you would have left by now; what are you still doing here? Is something the matter?" asked Nick while averting his gaze to the driver, hoping to get some answers.

As expected, the driver lifted his shoulder together, indicating he was just as clueless.

"Just then, there was a scent; did you not smell it?"

Nick and the chauffeur gave each other a "what the fuck" look as these two were just simple human beings; they couldn't smell that scent; of course, Valerio also knew this, but out of frustration and desperation, he had asked out loud.

"Do you know what the person looks like? Maybe if you described them, I could help you look, or if they are a worker here, Rob would know of them," chipped in Nick.

Coming to his senses, Valerio knew that it would be impossible to find the person he sought with all these other scents coming off everyone. It was like finding a needle in a haystack;

He also felt a little restless as Connasdaim, his dragon, showed signs of wanting to be released to soar up in the sky.

Things will be worse if his dragon decides to make an appearance in front of all these people.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Come to my office tomorrow for the final agreements" with those words, Valerio put on his jacket and headed out the door without waiting for a reply or a backward glance.