Chapter 7

Gino looked at the item his mother had left for him. The more he looked at it, the more he was confused and in awe about what it was, confused because it came to life the minute Gino saw Valerio that night at the Bristo.

Awe, because it's the most beautiful thing he had ever seen, like a piece of rare stone that could only be found if one entered an enchanted place.

After inspecting the object, Gino wore it around his neck and then laid back down on his bed, his mind wandering back to Valerio. Why was the man surprised when he saw the pendant around his neck? Why did he want to know who his mother and grandmother were?

Did he know them or met them somewhere? All these questions and more are playing around in his head, hoping one day, he will have the answer to these questions.

Just like that, Gino's scheduled meeting came in the blink of an eye, sitting in the same room he was in the last time he was here.

"What do you think of this design?"

"Honestly, I couldn't agree more. It is perfect. With a cinema and shopping centre underneath the apartments, it will be convenient for residents to enjoy everything right at their doorsteps. What do you think, Sir?" said Nick turning to Valerio.

"Have our designers go over the plans, make any necessary changes and go from there", answered Valerio

As Valerio and Nick went over the blueprints, Gino's phone on the table vibrated, alerting everyone in the meeting room.

Looking at the caller ID, Gino picked up his phone and spoke apologetically.

"Please excuse me a moment,"

Wanting to take the call outside, Gino walked towards the door; as his hands were on the cold door handles, a deep voice spoke from behind.

"Mr Gino, if you ever want to make a first good impression on your clients, the first thing is to show your understanding of what the clients need; it would be wise if you remain in the room."

"I understand; I thought that I've already explained in detail about my designs; all there is to it is for you to make the final decisions, and I thought that I would not be needed at the moment."

"I would like you to be in the room in case there is a question that might arise."

Hearing the severe tone behind Valerio's words, Gino let go of the door handle and walked back to his seat. His gaze landed on Nick, who was sending him an apologetic smile.

Once again, the phone that was on the table vibrated.

Before anything could be done, a deep voice once again spoke.

"You can take the call in here."

Hearing the statement being made, Gino again got up from his seat and walked further down the room to avoid disturbing the two people occupying the spacious room.

"Hi, how are you? Tonight, of course, I would love to come. Who else is going? I see. Ok, come and pick me up. I'll see you then. What no, I'm working .. yeah ok bye."

Looking at his phone, Gino unconsciously let out a small smile.

No matter how far Gino went, Valerio was able to hear everything that was being said. The moment Gino had greeted the other person in an overly cheerful voice made him stop what he was doing and listen to their conversation.

Knowing his fate could smile at someone other than himself made his heart twitch.From the conversation, Valerio could now be determined that Gino had been invited to a new club newly opened.

Valerio looked at the person's back, only looking away when the conversation ended and turned his attention back toward the blueprint in front of him.

Walking back to the table, Gino picked up his bag and gathered up his belongings before averting his attention back to Nick and Valerio.

"Is everything ok? Please let me know if there are any other changes you would like me to add. I will leave the blueprints with you, and please feel free to contact me if you have any problems."

Engrossed in the blueprints, Nick quickly looked up when he saw Gino walking back and putting his belongings back in his bags; he then looked at his watch only to realise how long they had been there.

"Goodness, is it lunchtime already? How long have we been here? Thank you, Gino, we'll keep in touch".

"Great, then I will wait for your call. I have something to do, so I'll leave first, thank you once again," said Gino

Gino had just walked out of the room when he felt himself being spun around, only to be pinned to the wall by Valerio himself.

"Is this who you are, playing the innocent card, acting all innocent to lure people into your bed so they would take pity on you? These things are not professional when you are out meeting a client. There will be plenty of time to play your role in your private time."

Valerio knew that his actions now would not make the other person see better of him, but knowing that Gino was out with somebody that was not him made him feel bitter.

Gino had just recovered from being pushed against the wall when he heard vulgar words coming out of Valerio's mouth.

Never in his twenty-four years of life has he ever been accused and insulted.

"I don't know what you are talking about, but I will not have you insult me like that, sir."

"You don't know, or are you feigning your innocence."

A loud slap resonated in the empty hallway.

"You are no gentleman," said Gino

"Mr Gino, I've never mentioned anything about being a gentleman" with that statement, Valerio leaned down and took Gino's lips into his, biting and sucking to his heart's content.

Confusion and anger was the only thing on Valerio's mind; he had waited all these years for his Dragon Gem to find its way to him, hoping to see that person again, but what came instead was her child, a creation that she had made with Fredrick.

The moment his lips were attacked, Gino was both shocked and scared. Not being able to control himself, Gino let out a whimper.

Hearing the whimper coming from the smaller male, Valerio stopped his actions and let go of the person being caged by him; looking into the eyes of the person in front of him, Valerio saw the tear-stained cheeks. He wanted to wipe the tears away but managed to stop himself.

"Not only have you insulted me, but you have also violated me, don't think because you have money, people will do your bidding for you, Mr Valerio," said Gino, wiping Valerio's taste from his mouth.

With those words, Gino picked up his bag that had fallen to the ground and quickly made his escape.

Leaving a stun and heartbroken Valerio alone outside the meeting room.