Chapter 33

Valerio sat behind his large wooden desk; after tucking Gino to bed, he came into his study located right next to his bedroom where Gino was currently sleeping; Valerio scanned through documents and reports but kept an eye out for the current problem that revolved around his kind.

There has been a disturbance lately, putting every dragon on edge, including his brothers from the East.

An hour later, a knock came at the door with a loud and stern 'Come in' The door opened, and Xander walked in, wheeling in a tray of breakfast, which included hot coffee, bacon, eggs and freshly baked croissant accompanied by a platter of fresh fruit.

"Xander, how is everything? Are there any updates on the attack?"  Asked Valerio taking his eyes from the papers to look at Xander.

Wheeling the tray to the side, Xander sat on the chair provided and pulled out an envelope inside his jacket; before continuing, Xander lowered his voice and spoke.

"This has something to do with Gino. Are you sure it's something you want me to say here.?"

"Gino is sleeping; even if a war were to happen right in this house, he would not wake up," said Valerio with a chuckle

"You mean, you've.."

"Yes, I mean exactly that."

"So you've finally devoured the little lamb. Congratulations, now everyone will know he belongs to you", smirked Xander.

Remembering how his little mate moaned and wiggled underneath him made him feel uncomfortable. Clearing his throat, Valerio turned his attention back to the problem and spoke.

"What is the connection with Gino."

"Tony and Amanda are the offspring of this man," said Xander pulling out a photo of a handsome male with roguish looks and light stubbles across his face.

Looking at the picture, Valerio's eyes widen.

"Are you saying that these two are the descendants of the hunter that led an army of hunters to destroy our homes thirty years ago?"

"Yes, I did some digging and found out that the day you left Lily Moore's wedding, a lone hunter had seen you there and remembered who you were; after the birth of Gino, that hunter went to confront Lily about who you were, a few weeks later both Lily and her husband died in a car accident. Authority could not determine what caused their car to malfunction and ruled their death an accident".

Picking up the photos, Valerio looked through the wreckage of the vehicle and knew that there was nothing ordinary about the accident; it was no different from the work of someone that knew how to kill silently; the killer might have been in contact with one of his kind to make an accident like that look this clean.

"They killed her because she helped me; it's because of me that Lily is no longer here; if they had killed her while she was with child, I might have never known the existence of my mate."

Walking up to his friend and boss, Xander pats the large man's shoulders before continuing to speak.

"Your appearance that day not only confirmed who you were, but I think they killed her for another reason; whomever this lone hunter is working with knew you had given Lily your Dragon Gem. We all know how powerful the Dragon Gem is, forged from a pureblood dragon."

"I gave Lily that as a promise; never did it occur to me that it would mean the end of her."

"We must find these hunters and destroy them before they destroy us," said Xander.

Gino woke up to the sounds of his phone ringing. Grabbing his phone, Gino looked at the caller ID, seeing Amanda's name flash across the screen; Gino quickly unlocked his phone to take the call.

"Hey, Amanda, how are you? Sure, what time? OK, see you then."

Putting the phone back on the table, Gino pulled the blankets halfway and tried to get up; the minute his feet touched the ground, he collapsed back on the bed, his whole body aching.

"Ahh, by back, how could someone do it five times daily? Does he think I'm a mythical creature like him? At this rate, my body will shut down on me," said Gino lying on his back, looking up at the white ceiling,

Although his mouth complained, his mind did not make him forget the pleasure he had received from his beast of a mate, making him blush bright red.

Not wanting to think about last night's activities, Gino attempted to get up again and walked to the bathroom. Thirty minutes later, he returned feeling refreshed and proceeded to look for his mate.

Gino went downstairs but did not find Valerio anywhere; he walked outside into the garden, which led to the beach,  the very same beach where Gino found out about Valerio's true identity for the first time.

Gino looked out onto the horizon; standing on a boulder, he could faintly see the city lights and tall buildings. Suddenly, a gust of wind came from above; getting off the boulder, Gino looked up towards the sky.

Connasdaim's colossal form was so big it blocked out the sun making everything look dark.

Gino watched as Connasdaim lowered his massive body onto the white sand, indicating with his nostrils for Gino to climb aboard; walking up towards the beautiful creatures, Gino leaned onto Connasdaim closing his eyes. He opened his eyes and mounted on the dragon's back only when he felt a light push.

Once he was secure, Connasdaim let out a puff and began to work his mighty wings; in seconds, Gino was high above the ground, making everything seem small; letting his hand go, Gino spread them out, feeling the rush of the wind on his face.

A moment later, a loud and clear voice broke inside his head; after confirming that the voice belonged to Connasadaim, did Gino relax?

**"Beautiful, how are you feeling? Is your injury alright?"

Since he had woken up from his sleep, Gino did not pay much attention to his injury; even with his activities last night, Gino did not feel the pain in his back from where he was wounded.

"I feel great; it doesn't hurt anymore."

**"As expected, now that you are mated to us."**

Yes, how could he forget that when he was making love with Valerio, he was also mating with Connasdaim? Thinking about his wanton actions last night, Gino became embarrassed.

**"You don't have to be embarrassed, beautiful; naturally, you feel attracted to us; this is the power of mates",** explains Connasdaim.

Gino nodded at Connasdaim's explanation as they continued to soar higher into the sky.