Chapter 27

Gino held his breath as the person got closer and closer; closing his eyes, Gino used all of his strength to push his attacker out of the way in an attempt to run out of the dark alley; just as he neared the entrance, Gino lost his balance stumbling right into the arms of the passerby his attacker running off in the opposite direction.

"Sir, are you alright?" Said the passerby, lightly shaking Gino.

Not getting a reply, the Good Samaritans lowered themselves onto the ground while still supporting Gino in their arms; only when the Good Samaritans came to put their hands behind Gino did they realise that the latter was injured.

Connasdaim had taken to the sky searching for Gino; he had been ready to give up when he flew past an alley, the scent of blood strong in the air.

"Do you smell that?" asked Valerio

"Yes, it is the blood of our beloved", answered Connasdiam

"Quick changed back", replied a worried Valerio.

Landing on a nearby building, Connasdaim lowered his massive body to the ground; gone was the giant scaly creature; in return, a tall, handsome man stood in its place.

Jumping off from the last set of alley stairs, Valerio followed the direction of Gino's blood with the help of Connasdaim, guiding him through their connecting link. Rounding the corner, Valerio could see Gino in the arms of a stranger who began pulling their phone out from inside their pocket.

"What is wrong with him," asked Valerio, kneeling to grab Gino from the stranger's arms.

"Sir, do you know him."

"Yes, He is my husband; what happened to him."

"I'm not sure he came out of that alleyway while his offender took off; it seems that he has also been injured." explained the passerby.

Valerio placed his hands on Gino's back; and felt the warm liquid running down his hand. A cut was probably made when Gino tried to escape from his captor, taking out a handkerchief; Valerio placed it over the wound to stop the bleeding.

"I'll call for an ambulance."

"No need. I will take it from here."

"Sir, this is s serious matter. Your husband needs medical attention now."

Valerio did not answer; instead, he scooped Gino up seconds before the sounds of screeching tyres could be heard.

Moments later, a black Mercedes parked meters away from where Valerio was, holding Gino, knowing who it was before they exited the car; Valerio tightened his hold on the unconscious Gino and began walking to the parked vehicle, all the while trying to secure the wound on Gino's back.

Xander came around to open the door, a worried expression displayed on his clean, handsome face.

Valerio entered the car while nodding to Xander to compensate and deal with the passerby.Understanding his orders, Xander closed the car door and walked the few steps to the passerby before speaking in his usual tone.

"Thank you for your assistant today; it was much appreciated; please come by this place tomorrow at noon," said Xander passing a business card to the man who still displayed a shocked expression before leaving.

Gino blinked his eyes a few times before adjusting to the bright lights; feeling stiff from lying on the bed too long, Gino tried to sit upright, but intense pain in his back made him groan aloud.

"Easy, there, beautiful; you'll tear your wounds."

"Valerio, it hurts", cried Gino weakly."I know, beautiful, hang in there; it will be alright," said Valerio, gently laying Gino back on the bed

"Where are we? Is this the hospital?"

"No, beautiful, this is our home on an island just on the outskirt of the city. I bought you here when I found you conscious on the ground, bleeding. I thought that I was too late and might lose you right then and there. Connasdiam is no better; he's been restless the last few days."

"How long was I out for."

"Four days by the time we got you to a doctor, you had already lost too much blood; and needed an emergency blood transfusion.Beautiful, what was the last thing you remembered before you passed out."

Gino thought back to the day he was attacked; he remembered going to the store after leaving his grandmother's house only to bump into Amanda and Tony, with whom he was invited to dinner. After that, he went to the store;

He was pushed from behind when he came out and made his way home."I was pushed from behind and fell into an empty alleyway. I didn't see the face of my attacker; it was too dark." Said Gino, explaining the event to Valerio.

"Do you remember anything about them that could help us find him?"

"No, I'm sorry."

"Ok, get some rest. I will be back in a bit to bring you something light to eat," said Valerio kissing Gino on his forehead before tucking him in with the blanket; only then did he make his way out of the room.