Chapter 22

Putting on his jacket, Gino grabbed his bag and walked out of the room he currently occupies with Valerio; thinking back to the first day he had arrived at Valerio's villa, Gino was given his very own room, but not once had he slept in there.

Since he had injured himself on his first visit here, Valerio had insisted that they both sleep in the same room, convincing Gino that it would be convenient to apply the medicine to the wound until it got better.

The wound was a small cut running from his index finger to his fingernail.But who knew that the man would not let him see the inside of his new room once Gino had agreed to Valerio's terms?

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Gino opened the front door and exited from the villa, walking past the luscious green garden that provided beautiful scenery across the vast, well-kept lawn that reached the massive iron gates to the huge iron gates.

Exiting through the gates, Gino walked to the nearest bus stop. Once he arrived, Gino could see a few people waiting for the bus to take them to their nine-to-five jobs or their daily run to the supermarket.

While waiting for the bus, Gino's mind wandered back to his conversation with Valerio last night about his new job position and how he would get to work on time every day.

"Since you are my new assistance, it would make a lot of sense if you arrive at the company with me, do not forget that you need to be there before me," said Valerio

"I understand, but it is my first day. I am not ready to be seen arriving at the company with you."

"What do you mean by this? Are you saying that being seen with me will make you feel ashamed," said Valerio walking towards Gino, standing at the entrance of their adjoining bathroom, being defenceless with nothing in his way to prevent Valerio from marching in.

"No, that is not what I mean."

Valerio, who had lost his patience with his mate, pulled the more petite man in his embrace, caging the smaller man with his back against the wall while his huge body loomed over him, preventing him from escaping.

"Now, what is it that you were going to say."

It was like all of Gino's courage had disappeared from his body the minute Valerio held him, making it hard for Gino to think about what he had wanted to say.

"I...I want to take the bus to work tomorrow," replied Gino

Gino waited for a reply from the other man but heard nothing. Lifting his head, Gino was mesmerized by the handsome face looking down at him, feeling a blush creeping up. Gino averted his gaze away from Valerio's attractive features.

"You want to take the bus? Why on earth do you want to do that?" asked Valerio

"Because the last time I was at your company, I was a visitor selling you my ideas; the next time I'm there, I will be your assistant. What will everyone think when I arrive together?" explained Gino.

Letting out a loud sigh Valerio spoke in a soft voice.

"Although I hate the idea of you being separated from me, even for a second as your equal, I must respect your choice. If taking a bus is what you want to do, I also have to agree to your terms, and as for how people think of me, I don't mind it the least; let them know who you belong to."Hearing the honest answer spoken by Valerio, Gino let out a genuine smile before replying.

"Thank you."

Hearing the bus stop in front of him, Gino was pulled out of his morning dream and waited patiently for his turn to get on the bus; choosing the seat closest to the driver, Gino sat down and looked out at the scenery passing him by.