Chapter 28

Coming out of the room, Valerio saw Xander leaning against the wall, looking worried. Seeing Valerio exiting the space, Xander pushes himself off the wall, placing himself a few steps away.

Before saying a word, Valerio asked the other male to follow with a nod.

Valerio walked further down the hallway, only stopping when he stood in front of another wooded door—entering the spacious study room.

"Did you find out anything?" asked Valerio, sitting down on the leather chair

"No, we have no information on the attacker; Val listens to me; whoever it was knows about you and Gino this was their first attempt at getting your attention; they will not stop unless they get what they want."

"I know, but it's not me that I'm worried about."

"I contacted the police and got surveillance videos of Gino before he was attacked."

"Did you find anything useful?"

"No, but Gino was attacked after he departed from some people. Gino's attacker only attacked him after he met up with these people but not before; what if these people had something to do with it," suggested Xander pulling out a few photos from his pocket and placing them on the table.It was pictures taken from the surveillance footage.

Valerio looked at the photos in his hands; one was a picture of a man in his late twenties with handsome features and a tall physic build, while the other was a picture of a woman who resembles the man in the first picture.

Valerio studied the picture in his hand, looking at the two people that had convinced Gino to follow them into the establishment.

"Are these two related?" asked Valerio

"I'm not sure I'm still trying to gather information on them."

"Alright, keep digging. I want information on these two as soon as possible and secure the area. I don't want what happened last time to happen again; in the meantime, I will speak to Gino about these two."

Gino looked out the vast windows, reminiscing about his last time there. This is where he learns the truth about Valerio and Connasdiam and how they have become the most important beings in his dull life.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, Gino shifted his gaze from the windows towards the door. Valerio entered, one hand holding a tray while the other turned the doorknob. Gino's eyes met Valerio's mysterious ones.

Letting out a smile, Valerio spoke in a soft, gentle tone.

"How are you feeling."

"I'll feel much better once I've eaten something."

Valerio put the tray on the bedside table and sat on the edge of the mattress; grabbing the bowl filled with soup, Valerio stirred the contents a few times before scoping some up on a spoon and gently blowing into it before delivering it towards Gino's mouth.

"I hope this is to your liking; I don't cook very often."Gino slowly to a sip of the steaming hot soup in front of him before speaking.

"This is amazing; I didn't know you could cook," said Gino giving his honest opinion

"When you have been around for as long as I have, you tend to pick up a few hobbies along the way."

"Well, Mr Valerio, it seems there is still a lot we don't know about one another."

Valerio let out a soft chuckle but did not speak. Stirring the soup in the bowl to let out the steam, Valerio continued feeding Gino until the last bit of soup had been devoured before handing him two painkiller tablets and a glass of water to Gino.

Valerio watched as Gino placed the painkillers in his mouth, washed it down with water and gave him back the glass. Valerio opened his mouth to speak again by placing the empty glass beside the bowl on the tray.

"Beautiful, I wanted to ask you about these two and your relationship to them," asked Valerio, unfolding the pictures he had taken out from the back pocket of his pants.

Gino took the piece of paper from Valerio's hand and looked at Amanda and Tony's picture; this photo was from the day he had bumped into them on his trip to the supermarket.

"Do you know these two?"

"Yes, it's Amanda and Tony. I met them on the day I was attacked; Amanda and I have been friends for a long time since we were children. Amanda and Tony are siblings; the day I was drugged was also the day I was out with them." Explain to Gino remembering that horrible day

"Do you know anything about them, their family, their background, and what they do?"

"I don't know much about their background; Amanda is the only one I'm close to; she doesn't speak much about her family. Is something the matter? Why are you suddenly interested in Amanda and her brother."

"I think these two are involved in you getting hurt; the last time I saved you, you happened to be together with them. At that time, I didn't give it much thought as I wanted to take you away from that place as soon as possible. But now, I'm certain these two are involved in the recent attack on you."

Hearing Valerio's explanation about the incidents, Gino becomes silent; never would he have thought that Amanda or Tony were the ones that would want to harm him.

"But why would they want to hurt me? It doesn't make any sense."

"I'm not too sure about that either; Beautiful, listen to me until I know for certain that these two are not involved; I don't want you meeting with them even for a moment," said Valerio leaning towards Gino, gently lifting the smaller male in his arms before sitting back down, holding Gino securely in his embrace having the urge to protect the more petite man in his embrace.

The couple had been so engrossed in their intimate moment that they failed to realize the door was opening; the moment Cherry saw the scene before her, the beautiful smile plastered on her face instantly turned sour.