Chapter 17

Valerio sat across from Gino with his legs crossed. As they drove past the dark, quiet suburban streets, Valerio's mind wandered until he heard a sweet voice talking beside him. Did he bring his attention back to his current predicament?

"Where are we going? I still have to finish my shift at The Bristo."

"My villa."

"Your villa, not the one in the middle of nowhere, is it? If it is, I am not going," declared Gino

"If it were up to me, that villa would be the only place I choose for you, but lucky for you, I'm feeling like a good person today. We are going to one of the many villas that I own. As for your shift at The Bristo, you will no longer have shifts there."

Gino moved his eyes away from the blurry scenery, passing them by and glared at Valerio.

"The Bristo is my only source of income. Who are you to take the one thing I enjoyed doing away from me."

"You are a graduate in design; why are you wasting your time working at The Bristo."

"Not all of us are lucky to get into our field once we graduate; poor people like me have to find other ways to support themselves; I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand."

Gino turned his head away from Valerio to the night scenery, concealing the drop of fresh tears sliding down his cheeks.

Gino knows how hard it was for him to complete his course, let alone someone telling him why he didn't enter his chosen field. To be honest with himself, Gino knew that he only continued with his study until the end because of his grandma.

She is the reason for many of his life choices, as she is the only family member he has left.

"I'm sorry, I was out of line."

Once again, Gino turned his head to look at the man sitting beside him, the man of many secrets. The man that had invaded his life, taking away his once quiet life.

"You.."

"I shouldn't have said something to upset you; I know I don't know you as well as I would like. If possible, I hope you can let me get to know you better."

"You now know what I am and what you are to Connasdaim and me, you have already gotten to know him, but I would like it if you gave me the same opportunity."

This is the first time since meeting Valerio. Has the man ever spoken to him like this? For a moment, Gino was not sure how to respond.

Without saying a word, Gino just nodded his head.

Twenty minutes later, the chauffeur entered a long driveway surrounded by neatly trimmed hedges and bushes, parking the limousine in front of the entrance. The driver, Darren, who is in his early forties, got out of the driver-side and opened the passenger door for Valerio.

"Thank you, Darren; you can take the rest of the night off."

"Yes, sir, did you want me to assist Mr Xander?"

"No, Xander will find his way back."

"Yes, sir."

Valerio straightens up his suit before poking his head back into the limousine.

"Ready to come out?"

"Huh, ahh, yes."

Gino looked at the hand before hesitantly placing his much smaller ones in the large warm hands.

Getting out of the limousine, Gino's attention was on the mansion in front of him. Like the one on the beach, this one did not pale in comparison.

The longer Gino looked at the mansion, the more he wondered how rich Valerio was. Apart from his good looks and the fact that this man is a mythical creature, is there anything else he can not achieve?

Following Valerio into the foyer, the first thing that entered his vision was the grand staircase leading to the mansion's second level.Gino could see how neat everything was, giving him more insight into the man in front of him. The smile on Gino's face quickly disappeared when a woman's voice could be heard from the second level of the mansion.