Chapter 10

Gino finally emerged from the forest only to realise it was not a road he found but sand and water.

Standing in the middle of nowhere, Gino did a complete one-eighty-degree turn and could not believe that he was on an island surrounded by nothing but water.

How was he supposed to escape now?

Gino looked up, down and sideways but couldn't find anything.

Feeling hopeless, Gino wondered how Valerio got off this island to the mainland, as there was no sign of a boat or yacht anywhere. Not knowing what to do, Gino sat on the white sand, thinking about his next move. It wasn't until he heard the sounds of the foot against dried leaves did he focus his attention on his surroundings.

"Who's there? Come out" shouted Gino

Gino had expected it to be Valerio, but the person that had walked out of the forest was not the person he expected. There in front of him stood a man that had the same height as Mr Xander but not the same build.

This man, however, had more of a rogue appearance; everything about him screamed danger.

"Who..who are you."

"I should be asking you, that little one, why are you here by yourself? Don't you know how dangerous it is out here?"

Of course, Gino knows the danger heck, he just ran away from one, but he was smart enough not to voice his thoughts out loud. Instead, he said the first thing he could think of in hopes of giving the other man the idea that he was not alone.

"I'm here with my boyfriend. He just went to get food for me; he told me to wait here."

Once he said those words, Gino silently prayed that Valerio would not be upset with him for violating his excellent name.

The man gave a slight chuckle and slowly took a step forward; seeing the man's action, Gino quickly took a step back, imitating the man's action one step ahead, one step back. Gino knows that if he stepped any further, he most likely would reach the water.

"What do you want? If you are trying to rob me, I don't have any money," explained Gino

"Oh baby, it is not money that I want from you," said the man

Not wanting to delay it any longer, the man dashed forward towards Gino, who took off running, not paying attention to the direction he was going. But no matter how much distance he gave himself, he was still caught from behind; the impact of being seen from behind made Gino trip and fall onto the white sand while the man fell on top of straddling him.

"Get off of me. What are you doing" screamed Gino using his arms and legs to try and push the man off, but no matter how hard he tried, the man did not move, let alone budge.

Growing tired and impatience with the little vixen squirming underneath him, the man grabbed both his hands and held them above his said, then said

"Earlier on, I was flying past and smelt a wonderful scent. I had to find the smell owner; my trip this time was not in vain; today, I will take you here and now."

After he made that statement, the man lowered his head to taste the forbidden fruit. One taste was all he needs for him to claim what is his

Gino screamed and pleaded to be released from the man's grip; he was being treated in a way he thought would never happen to him in a million years.

Even though Valerio had displayed similar actions towards him earlier, no disgust or shame came from Gino.

The same thing could not be said for the man on top of him. This man-made Gino feels dirty, making him want to run into the ocean and wash clean where there are no traces of the man left on his body.

Gino continued to scream for help while tears flowed uncontrollably down his face. All of a sudden, the weight of the man was thrown off of him. Gino sat up and saw. Valerio made his way towards him without thinking. Gino sprinted towards Valerio and embraced the man like his life depended on it.

Valerio was still searching when he heard the cries for help with one word. Valerio immediately knew Gino was in trouble. He had wanted to morph into his dragon form but was afraid that if Gino saw him, he would be scared of his appearance.

The image he just witnessed as he came out of the forest was not something he could forget easily. How dare someone touch what belonged to him? Valerio hugged Gino tightly, comforting him all the while glaring at the person that flew meters away from them from his fire blast. When the man stood up from where he landed, Valerio spoke.

"Who are you, and what are you doing on my land."

"Ahh, if it isn't the famous Valerio, apologise. I wasn't aware this land had an owner", replied the man getting up from the ground, his eyes lingering on Gino

"I do mark the things I own just in case a rouge-like yourself comes near things that have an owner," replied Valerio

The smirking on the man's face disappeared and was replaced by rage. He lunged forward to attack; seeing the oncoming attack, Valerio used his body to stop the attack while protecting Gino from the assault.

After blocking a few more moves, Gino and Valerio fell onto the sand from the man's double kick.

Gino's face directly hit the white sand, and twigs scattered along the beach, making him cry as his body hit the ground beside him. Valerio spoke

"Are you Ok?"

Gino turned to look at Valerio's concerns could be seen on the man's handsome face; Gino gave a nod of his head while trying to get up with the help of Valerio.

"Wha.. what should we do now."

Valerio stayed silent for a long time before finally answering.

"I want you to promise me that you will not jump to a conclusion whatever happens. You will let me explain. Can you do that? Can you promise me" pleaded Valerio?

Seeing the sincere look on Valerio's face, Gino can't help but nod his head and replied

"I promise"

Valerio smiled, showing his perfect white teeth; this was also the first time Gino saw him smile. It was the most beautiful thing Gino had seen that day.

"Ok. Now move behind that boulder over there, hide and stay safe."

Gino did not waste a second before running towards the boulder Valerio pointed at. Once he saw his beloved hide behind the boulder, Valerio turned his attention towards the nameless man in front of him,

Valerio released his fireball one after another, not giving the other man a chance to strike back; endless attacks from the fireball made the whole scene light up like fireworks,

Valerio released one final attack when the man fell to the ground, blood spilling out of his mouth. A few minutes passed before the man got up again and wiped the blood from his mouth before transforming into his dragon form.

From behind the boulder, Gino peeked his head out when he couldn't hear the sound of fighting. Thinking it was over, Gino came out from his hiding place only to see the man getting back on his feet, turning himself into a dragon.