Chapter 21

"Ms Moore, I think we are both misunderstood; it was true that your daughter helped me. She came across me lying unconscious and was kind enough to bring me to your home; Lily had also been the one that had treated and healed me; I would never bring her harm."

"But you did; after her marriage to Fredrick, she had also waited for you to come back so she could return what you had given her, the teardrop pendant," said Doris nodding her head at Gino, who wore the pendant around his neck and then continuing to speak.

"At first, Lily was shocked once she had found out what you truly were; her pregnancy had been the reason why she could not go and find you; she had discovered something important and wanted to share it with you; after giving birth to Gino, she had begged Fredrick to help her find you taking baby Gino with her. When I asked her for the reasons, she told me that Gino was the answer and that everything would be clear when I met Gino. On their way to find you, she and Fedrick were killed instantly in a traffic accident, and Gino was the only one that survived."

"Ms Moore, are you saying that Lily was already pregnant before her marriage to Fredrick," asked Valerio.

"Why yes, of course, it was one of the reasons they were getting married; Lily loved Fredrick and wanted to start a family with him."

The realization hit Valerio; all this time, he had thought that he loved Lily when the only thing that had pulled him close to her was the fetus growing inside her stomach, the one that would become his beloved, his mate.

One reason urged him to present Lily with his teardrop; it could also be considered a gift that a dragon would give to the other half that completed them. To think that Lily had known and offered it to Gino made Valerio wish she was still here. He had wanted to thank her for it."Ms Moore, listening to you speak about the teardrop, I am guessing you have a rough idea of what I am and how the teardrop works?" asked Valerio

"Of course, I knew Lily had confined in me all about you, and judging by how you have not changed or aged after all these years just confirms my suspicion that you are a pure-blood dragon."

"Then you must also know what Gino is to me; I will never be completed without Gino by my side."

Doris turned her attention away from Valerio and looked at her grandson; pride, joy, and happiness could be seen on her face. After all these years, her grandson will finally have the happiness he deserves, thought Doris, her voice softening when she opened her mouth to speak to him.

"Gino, darling, is it true? Are you his fated? Do you know that you will never truly be happy without him? Will it be like an empty void in your heart? No matter how many people come into your life, it will never beat the way it will beat for him.?"

"Yes, Grandma, I have met and spoken to Connasdaim Valerio's other form, but I know it is not just this reason. When I first met Valerio that day at The Bristro, the pendant around my neck glowed like it was alive."

"That was how Connasdaim senses you. His blood flows inside that pendant; it was only natural to react once it met its owner." Explain Valerio looking at Doris he continues to speak"Ms Moore, I assure you I will take great care of your grandson. I will not let any harm come to him."

"How can you be so sure? Gino is the only family I have left. I don't have a reason to be here if he is also gone."

"As a mate of a pure-blood dragon, Gino will be protected at all times," Assured Valerio, his eyes landing on Xander, who had been quiet throughout the ordeal.With a sigh, Doris spoke.

"If anything happens to Gino, whether it's magical beings after him or his heart getting broken, I can assure you that you would not be so lucky in dealing with me." Threaten Doris.

Both Valerio and Xander smiled at the bravery in threatening a pureblood dragon before they gave their promise to her to protect Gino.

An hour later, Gino was sitting in the back passenger seat of the car with Valerio while it was driving away from the only home he had ever known. Gino felt a slight unease inside. He was pulled from his thoughts when much larger hands covered his own.

Turning his head, Gino locked eyes with Valerio.

"What are you thinking about," asked Valerio

Not wanting to hide his discomfort, Gino answered honestly.

"I'm thinking about us and our future, to be exact."

"What about it."

"I'm not quite sure, I just have a feeling, but it might just be the nerves."

"Are you still scared of Val, Do not worry. He is mean and ruthless to everyone else except to you, Gino," said Xander from the driver's seat.

"I guess you don't want your bonus this month than Xander."

"Bonus, what bonus? How come this is the first, I'm hearing about this."

"I had just issued it today, but hearing your remark, I guess no one will get theirs either. Good luck when they told you why they missed their monthly bonuses." retorted Valerio.

Gino sat listening to their brotherly bond, and without warning, he let out a hearty laugh bringing smiles to Valerio and Xander.

Unpierceable Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें