Chapter 50

Once the wind died down, Gino came out of Valerio's embrace, trying to pinpoint where the other three were; while his eyes were scanning the surrounding area, Gino's gaze landed on Valerio's handsome face.

Sensing the stare, Valerio averted his gaze from the fight above the sky to a pair of soft, warm eyes; Valerio did not say a word and lifted their joined hands and brought them to his lips before asking.

"Is anything the matter?"

"No, everything is fine. I just wanted to look at you; I missed you; all these weeks passed without me knowing how you were doing or if anything had happened to you. I was afraid."

"Rest assured, my love; I will never leave your side again."

Gino opened his mouth to reply but was stopped by thunder coming up from the sky, followed by multiple colours flashing across the sky. Both Valerio and Gino turned their attention to the sound. Gino could see a body falling from a distance, but his human eyes could not distinguish who the person was.

Valerio rushed out from behind the tree after telling Gino to stay put, rushing forward as fast as possible. Valerio managed to grab Connor before he plunged to the ground.

"Connor," said Valerio, putting two fingers under his nose while lightly tapping the man on his cheeks to wake him up. It was then that Valerio's hands supporting his neck came in contact with warm liquid.

Placing Connor back on the ground, Valerio got up and looked towards the sky. Sounds of fighting could still be heard, with a few fireballs thrown around, lighting up the whole sky. Valerio did not have time to think about his next move when the sky darkened.

Descending from the sky were both Xander and Dion, who had taken their fight to the ground; Valerio wanted to pick Connor up and moved him further away from the fight when a fireball came towards him, making him flinch back, leaving the unconscious Connor is on the ground.

Valerio ran in the opposite direction, further away from Connor and Gino, as a rain of fireballs made its way towards him, not giving him a moment to attack back; Xander, who was recovering from an attack, launched his huge scaly body towards Dion head butting him in the process.

Dion staggered back but continued to open fire at Valerio and Xander; once the two were distracted, Dion flew up off the ground again, spreading his wings. Dion moved them back and forth until another round of wind formed.

Gino, who had been hiding behind the tree, suddenly felt a very, very powerful gust of wind coming his way; without the protection of Valerio, his body flew away and hit another tree before sliding down to the ground.

Seeing the opportunity, Dion flew to where Gino's body fell and used his sharp claw to scratch Gino's back, causing Gino to let out a scream full of agony. Once he heard the cry, Valerio quickly released a fireball toward Dion, who soon reacted by picking Gino up with his claws and using him as a shield.

Valerio quickly released a beam of white light to extinguish the attack.

"Let him go!" shouted Valerio

Transforming back to a human, Dion laughed loudly with his large hands clasping Gino's neck before speaking.

"I am not one to kill pretty things, but if you try anything, my hand might just slip."

"I will spare you if you let him go," said Valerio, slowly making his way to where Dion and Gino were with Xander hot on his heels.

"How can I be sure if your words are true? Who knows what awaits me when I get out of here."

"Take me instead, with me as your hostage; no one will harm you."

"Hahaha, your life for his. Has it ever occurred to you that I might want him for myself? From the moment my eyes laid on him, I knew that there was nothing more that I wanted at that moment than to have this little human under me squirming in pleasure. But if you try anything, no matter how much I desire him, I will kill him right before your eyes, making you live the rest of your existence with the unbearable pain of losing a mate."

Gino let out a loud groan as he opened his eyes, instantly feeling the pressure on his neck. Tilting his head up, Gino looked directly into the eyes of his capture. He struggled to get out of the hold Dion had around his neck.

"Let me go."

"Stop moving if you do not want to die", threatened Dion as he slapped Gino across the face, making his head spin; laying his head on Dion's chest, Gino closed his eyes as he waited for the dizziness to die down.

Dion did not give time for Gino to adjust to the pain when he forcibly grabbed his jaw, forcing him to look up at him once more as he lowered his mouth down and devoured the soft, moist lips. Gino struggled even more as he tried to free himself from Dion once more, his hands hitting Dion's chest in an attempt to escape.

Valerio exploded with anger, and what he saw, he balled his hands into a fist and created a fireball from his palm, only to distinguish it as he was afraid to hit Gino. While Xander and Valerio were at a loss for what to do, a robust and silent force of energy came from behind Dion, hitting him directly on the back and making him lose his hold on Gino.

Both Valerio and Xander turned to see Connor with their palms up before falling unconscious once more.

Both Xander and Valerio lunged forward simultaneously, Valerio catching Gino before he fell to the ground while Xander launched an attack on Dion. Once he was down, Xander continued to assault him until a loud voice called him from behind, making him stop his attack.

"Val, you don't mean for me to go easy on him now, do you.?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I want you to do. If anyone is to kill him, it should be me."

Xander smirked and stepped to the side as Valerio approached Dion.

"You.. can't kill me; it is not in your nature to kill your kind."

"As far as I'm concerned, no one is around to witness your death besides as a pureblood and an elder; I am doing a great service to our kind."

Gino had just gone through a great deal of pain and suffering and only had just slightly recovered from the shock when an object fell to the ground with a loud "thud", rolling to where he sat leaning on one of the trees.

Gino opened his eyes and saw a pair of shocked eyes looking back at him with the rest of its body far away. Getting up from his spot with a stunned expression, Gino covered his eyes and let out a scream until gentle hands grabbed and touched his hands away from his face.

"Shh, baby, everything is alright; it's all over; you're safe now."

"Valerio"

"Yes, baby, I'm sorry you had to see that, but I wanted you to know that you are safe now."

"Mn"

"Now, what do you say? Should we go home now?"

Gino shook his head, but his feet rotted to the ground.

"Valerio I... I'm sorry you had to see that I.. " Gino could not finish his words as tears streamed down his face.

"Hey, listen to me; what happened was not your fault; I don't blame you."

"But I blame myself; I blame myself for being weak."

"Hey, listen to me, I love you, ok, no matter what, I will always love you. My love for you is impenetrable; no one can make me feel otherwise."

"Better listen to him, Gino; I've never seen him lose his sanity as he did earlier trying to get to you," said Xander, supporting an unconscious Connor in his arms

Gino did not reply but walked toward Valerio's warm embrace, feeling the love that Valerio has towards him; no matter where he is, Gino is confident that he will always find the love that radiates itself from the man that he will spend the rest of his life with the only man that can show him the true meaning of having a hard, impenetrable love.

An Unpierceable Love.

THE END