Chapter 14

"Apart from myself, you are the first person Connasdaim has brought here."

Gino listened to the words spoken above his ear; his heart swelled at hearing those words. Turning away from the view of the pond, Gino turns his body around to face Valerio.

"Valerio, what are you doing?"

"Holding on to you."

"I meant, why this? Why are you.."

"I'm sorry; I don't know how else to tell you; I can't take back what I did, nor regret any of it. But from here on, I want to show you how deep my lo.."

"Don't say that word, please. Do you think that we can ever truly love each other? Or are we only bound together to something that neither of us wants? If that is the case, then I rather you did not say that word as it's not words coming out from deep within you. But are words spoken purely out of obligations."

Seeing that Valerio did not speak, Gino continued.

"I told you before that I won't love someone if they didn't share the same feeling as me. I don't understand much about the whole mating thing, but I am certain that I will never make Connasdaim sad."

"Do you think I don't want the same thing, need the same thing as Connasdaim?"

"Valerio, you are a man of many things, but a man of commitment is not one of them; you have everything in your life money, power and endless pretty young ladies that would gladly throw themselves at you if you only say the word. Do you love someone like me" replied Gino breaking Valerio's hold and walking towards the pond's edge.

After spending all morning at the enchanted pond, Gino once again climbed on Connasdaims' back as they made the journey back; Gino's mind was occupied with the conversation he and Valerio had.

Could he do it? Give his heart to a man that does not know how to love? Will Valerio break his heart? All these and many more questions ran through Gino's mind; only when they arrived at the villa did Gino clear all his thoughts of Valerio.

Gino hugged Connasdiam before speaking.

"Thank you for today; I enjoyed our time together."Gino turned to walk away from the giant scaly dragon but didn't get far when he heard the voice of Connasdaim speaking to him through his mind.

**"Give Valerio a chance; he is suffering as much as you are."**

As soon as that voice went through him, Gino turned again and stared into Connasdaim's mystic brown eyes, seeing the sincerity behind those words.The human and the dragon stood staring into each other's eyes before Connasdaims lifted his enormous wings, creating wave after wave of wind. Gino stood firm, only leaving his spot when he could no longer see Connasdaim.

Making his way back inside, Gino passed one of the few people that worked at the villa, only stopping when they spoke.

"Excuse me, sir, Master Xander wanted me to inform you that lunch is ready. If you would please follow me. I will bring you to the dining hall."

"Thank you; please lead the way."

Gino followed the male servant into a lavish dining hall; the whole room was painted white with a huge chandelier hanging above the rectangular table filled with plate after plate of gourmet food.

"Is anyone else joining me? Surely this is a lot of food for one person," asks Gino.

"Certainly, Master Valerio and Master Xander will be down shortly,"

"Please be seated." said the butler pulling out the chair for Gino

Once he was seated, Gino was left alone once more.

A few seconds later, the same servant places a plate of food in front of Gino; after giving his thanks, Gino contemplates whether he should wait for Valerio.

At the smell of food, his stomach chose to answer for him; picking up his fork Gino took a bite of the tender meat, moaning as it melted in his mouth.

"Careful when you moan; people might get the wrong impression," said Valerio, who had just entered the dining room.

Valerio walked into the dining room dressed in simple clothes different from his earlier clothes that he had on in their outing together; pulling up a chair, Valerio sat opposite Gino.

"Where is Xander? I was told he would be joining us as well."

Hearing his mate speak, another man name Valerio became enraged. But considering his current problems, Valerio pushed down the anger before speaking.

"Xander won't be joining us; he is busy."

Gino didn't know why, but it sounded like Valerio was upset when he mentioned Xander's name; not thinking about the matter at hand, Gino asked another question that had been on his mind since he arrived here.

"When are we going to go back to the mainland? I need to get back to work."

"We will leave tomorrow; the aphrodisiac in your body would have disappeared by now; as for work, you will be working close by my side."

"What do you mean, close by your side?"

"You will be working as my assistance from now on."

"Why don't you already have assistance?"

"Yes, but she is now fired."

"When did you come up with this absurd idea? What makes you think I want to work with you."

"If you don't agree, I will ensure that no one else will hire you; your job at The Bristo will also stop unless you agree to my condition."

Anger was the only thing that Gino felt. Violence was never a word in his vocabulary, but the more he spent his time in the presence of the man beside him, the more Gino started to like that word.

Not replying to Valerio's statement, Gino continued to eat his food throughout the dining hall; a grinding sound could be heard; whether it was from chewing meat or another purpose, no one knew.