31. missed you , v. hacker

vinnie's pov

i stared at the small infant resting on my legs, her fingers gently wrapped around my thumbs as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

today was y/n's first day back at work since she had elle, our now one month old daughter. she texted me at any chance she got to make sure her baby was okay, obviously missing her.

elle did well for the most part, but her nap was short as she didn't have her mom's chest to fall asleep on like she usually does while she naps, leading her to be falling asleep right now.

as i gently brought the baby girl to my chest, the front door opened, revealing y/n and her bag in her hands.

"look who it is babygirl" i softly said into elle's ear, kissing her head.

y/n smiled when she saw us, walking over and sitting next to us one the couch.

"hi my loves, i missed you so much" the girl said, quickly pecking my lips before taking the drowsy baby out of my arms.

elle whined as she got moved from her comfortable position, squirming as she got placed on y/n's chest.

"shh, you're okay" y/n quietly whispered, lightly running her finger up and down her daughters cheek.

i smiled, admiring my two girls in front of me.
y/n took notice to my stare, turning her head to return the smile.

"how did it go?" the girl asked, taking the hand that wasn't holding elle's head to her chest and intertwining it with mine.

"she did good for the most part, her nap wasn't that long because she wanted to be able to sleep on you" i told her, kissing the back of her hand.

"well i guess she gets that now" she lightly laughed, kissing the top of the sleeping baby's head.

i smiled, scooting closer to the two girls and running my hand softly up elle's small back. she instantly calmed down under her mother's grip, making me smile thinking about how much she loved y/n just as i did and always will.