14. again , v. hacker

y/n's pov

my head pounded as the screaming came from the downstairs kitchen. i rocked back and forth, my knees in my chest as i tried to block out the sound. mom and dad, lovers who weren't meant to be.

their fights would outrage, going on and on until someone walked out the house only to come back later, it all restarting. it was a cycle. vinnie, my boyfriend of two years, was always there when i needed to get out. his mom and dad were my second parents, they knew what went on and treated me as their own.

i got up, not able to take anymore. i needed to leave. grabbing vinnie's hoodie and placing it on my body, i grabbed my keys and ran down the stairs and out the door as fast as i could.

i got in my car, holding back the tears and screams i needed to let out. i didn't even know if vinnie was home, but i went anyways. once there, i knocked on the door, his mom opening it.

"are they" i nodded, her stopping in her sentence and pulling me into a hug.

i tried to keep in the tears, but it was useless. she rubbed my back, knowing how hard it was for me.

"it's ok love, vinnie!" she said, calling vinnie after.

i heard footsteps walking up the basement stairs, the door opening. he saw me, rushing over. him and his mom traded places, i now in his embrace. he kissed my head, rocking me side to side.

"come on baby" he said, grabbing my hand and walking to the basement door.

we walked down to his room, him changing the led lights to blue. he sat down, his head resting on the headboard. he gently pulled me over, positioning my head on his chest.

"you're okay now" vinnie softly told me, placing his hands underneath his hoodie i was wearing and tracing small circles on my lower back.

i calmed down in his grip, knowing there would be no fighting here. we both stayed silent for a few minutes before he broke the silence.

"my mom and i talked about something, needing your opinion." he told me, gently lifting my head to look at him.

"about what"

"we want you to move in. you are practically family." he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, waiting for my response.

"vin, i cant just come and live here. that's a whole new person in your house to look after."

"babe, i cant let you live there any longer. you already have a room right in here, and mom and dad love you." he stated.

"what do they think about this?" i asked.

"it was actually mom's idea. dad is along with it, of course i am, now we just need you."

i thought about it. it would be amazing to get away from all the fighting but i'm not sure if i would be allowed to.

"okay, but what about my mom and dad. what would they say?"

"if they want to best for you, they will let you. we both turn eighteen this year, so we can get an apartment of our own and have our own home together. this would be so much better for you." vinnie looked into my eyes, begging me.

"thank you. i love you." i sat up, hugging him.

he let out a breath, wrapping his arms around me.

"you're always welcome here. i love you more than anything." he pulled away.

i smiled, only for vinnie to place his lips on mine. i spent the rest of the day with him, talking about the new plan.

vinnie was saving me, slowly but surely.