13. drained , j. waud

jason's pov

i watched as she wrote fast in her journal, practically seeing the thoughts racing in her head. i noticed the bags becoming more prominent under her eyes, the knots building up in her hair. i watched as my y/n slowly got taken over by demons.

her brother had recently found out he was cheated on, her best friend has gotten into a bad car accident. she was taking away the pain from others, completely forgetting about herself.

every time i say something, her response is "im fine" with a smile i know is forced and a kiss. i knew my y/n, and i knew she could only go so far pretending until she broke. i was waiting for that day, waiting for her to let me help her.

it came eventually, everything pouring out.

— time skip

"babe calm down, you're working yourself up." i told y/n as she raced around the living room thinking silently.

"i'm fi-" she didn't get to finish her sentence, the action of her dropping to her knees and that one broken cry replacing it.

i walked over, standing her up and walking over to the couch. she clung to my chest, the wet spot forming on my shirt.

"shh" i whispered, gently rubbing her back, placing delicate kisses on her temple.

"i cant do it anymore" she hiccuped.

"you aren't focusing on yourself. i know you care so much about others but you also need to care about yourself."

my heart ached. i wished i could take all her pain away. you never want to see the one you love struggle this much.

we stayed there, the fragile girl calming down in my arms.

"i'm sorry" y/n whispered, tightening her grip on me.

"for"

"not letting you help"

"baby" i lifted her head, meeting her eyes, "its okay. i'm here for a reason. you can let me in, i'm not going anywhere."

she nodded, placing a gentle peck on my lips.