34. all you , c. besson

corbyn's pov

"you got this baby, you're so close" i told the girl who was laid in front of me, giving birth to our child.

i watched as her face screwed and her chin tucked to her chest. how her leg that i was holding tensed up, all of her strength being used.

looking down, i saw the head of our baby being birthed. you would think it would be gross to look down their at this time, but it was a beautiful sight. seeing the woman you love give birth to your child.

"y/n, y/n can you hear me" i heard the nurse say, making my vision snap back to the face of my wife.

her eyes were shutting, her breathing dropping.

"y/n baby" i panicked, watching as her body collapsed.

her leg i was holding went limp, and soon i was pushed out into the hallway in a blur.

"hey hey hey, what happened" i heard someone say and then arms be placed around me.

it was y/n's mom, the grandmother of our baby.

"she-she passed out or- i don't know" my voice broke as i tried to collect everything that just happened in a few short seconds.

"honey, breathe. she and your baby are going to be okay." she told me, pulling me into a tighter motherly hug.

time skip a few minutes

sitting in the chair outside y/n's room, slow tears trickled down my face as i stared at the wall in front of me. my thoughts were clouded by the possibility of losing one or two of the love of my lives.

i was snapped back into reality when a cry was heard, a baby. immediately sitting up, a nurse came out of the door, catching sight of y/n's mom and i.

"is she okay" i quickly asked the nurse

"your wife and your new baby girl are alive and well."

baby girl. we had a girl.

"y/n passed out while giving birth, her body giving up. it happens more frequently than you would think, but she is perfectly okay. once she wakes up, she probably won't have very much strength, but you can come and see the new edition." the nurse smiled, opening the door wider for us to walk into.

walking into the room, there were nurses cleaning up the unconscious y/n, it being an overwhelming sight.

"i think someone wants to meet you" a nurse spoke, walking over to me.

catching their gaze, i looked down, seeing the small baby wrapped in a blanket in their arms. the infant was gently passed into my arms, i taking a seat in the chair next to y/n's bed.

staring down at my little girl, more tears welled in my eyes. she was beautiful. she had a full head of brown hair like her mother, and probably had the emerald green eyes of her as well.

"hi angel" i whispered, stroking the cheek of the infant.

"she's beautiful honey" y/n's mom said from behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

moving from the bed in front of me caught my attention, y/n's fragile body slowly stirring awake. her eyes groggily opened, them immediately traveling to her stomach which didn't hold a huge bump anymore.

"where is-"

"shh, she's okay" i quickly walked over, soothing the girl who was frightened by her surroundings.

her emerald green eyes traveled up to meet mine, and then the baby.

"it's a girl" y/n quietly spoke, tears forming in her eyes.

i smiled, nodding at the exhausted girl in front of me.

"do you want to hold her" i softly asked her, getting a nod in response.

i gently helped her sore and tired body sit up, keeping a hand on her back as i slowly passed the baby to her.

y/n's eyes filled with more tears as she stared down at her daughter. i took in the sight, seeing both my girls in their first moments of meeting eachother.

"i'm so glad you're okay, both of you. i'm so proud of you." i spoke, kissing the newly mother's head.

her head fell onto my shoulder, sight still caught on the baby. as we both took in the moment, the babygirl's eyes slowly opened for the first time, revealing the same emerald green eyes her mother has.

"you're so pretty baby" y/n smiled tiredly, running her finger from the temple to chin of the infant.

"she's all you baby, y'all are so gorgeous" i smiled, watching as the baby took in the new surroundings.

"i love y'all more than anything"

authors note ||
— i'm not sure what this is but i got inspo from a book i read , stay safe and ilu