21. friends with benefits , b. gray

y/n's pov

blake and i to the public eye were friends, but to just us, we were a little more. i guess you could say... fuck buddies. as bad as that sounds, it's kind of nice.

well, it has been. we both said that we wouldn't catch feelings, but i broke that. over the past two weeks, my feelings keep growing stronger and stronger.

i feel really bad about it, which has caused me to avoid him. we went from always doing something when people aren't around, whether it be just cuddling or more. now, we have only kissed two times in a week.

"us boys are going to saddle ranch. it's only u and blake here because y'all don't wanna go." bryce said, walking out the door.

"okay, bye"

again, it was blake and i alone. i couldn't get him out of my head. my head told me to go to him but my gut told me to stay on the couch.

right as i was debating, there he was, walking down the stairs.

"uh, hey." he stuttered, getting just as uncomfortable as i was.

"hi" i replied quickly

he stood there looking at me for a moment. i could see the thoughts running through his mind.

"can we talk?" he finally popped the question.

i nodded, him coming to sit next to me.

"why have we been so distant?" he gently asked, breathing out as he fiddled with his hands.

"i, i don't know how to put it. it's going to mess us up." i blurted, him looking at me now.

"do you like me?"

my head snapped to look at his, wanting no more than to run away from the situation.

"uh, fine. yes i do. i know that we said to not ca-"

i got cut off with his lips on mine, i obviously kissing back. we kissed for a minute before he pulled away, an enormously huge smile on his face.

"i like you too, and you don't know how much i missed that." he told me, laughing some.

"you like me?" i questioned, a small smile forming upon my lips too.

blake nodded, the smile growing larger. all in one moment, his lips were once again on mine. where they were meant to be.