9. new life pt. 4 , n. eubanks

y/n's pov

it has been three hours since we got checked in. i am seven centimeters dilated, only three more to go. i was going natural, which made the pain even worse. tears rolled down my eyes as pain was spread all throughout my lower area.

"it's okay love." noen held a wet cloth to my head with one hand, the other holding mine.

𝑂𝑛𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

"okay, we're gonna check you again. you should be close to or at ten centimeters." the doctor said as him and noen shifted my legs up. it wasn't very pleasant to be checked, but i had to deal with it.

"you're good to go. i'll get the doctors in and then it will be time to push" it was finally time.

once all the needed doctors came in, they got me ready to push. noen was holding up one of my legs, one of the nurses holding the other.

"push for ten, then breathe for five everytime you get a contraction." the doctor said, getting me ready down there.

noen used his free hand to hold onto mine, giving my head a kiss before i pushed.

"ready?" the doctor looked up at me. i nodded.

"i'm going to count down from five, then say go. start to push when i say go. make sure you're breathing in between. give me your all." he said, "5...4...3...2...1...go."

I started pushing, and let me tell you the pain i felt. my eyes were squinted shut, my legs being pushed back, my upper body being pushed forward some. noen's hand being taken from circulation.

"you're doing good baby." noen comforted, running his thumb over my knuckles.

after many pushes, the baby's head was starting to come out. i was exhausted, my cheeks covered with tears.

"reach your hand over to me." the doctor said. i have him my hand, and he placed it underneath me. i felt my baby's head, more tears coming out at the thought. i looked up at noen, he was crying too. my softy.

𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑆𝑘𝑖𝑝

"one more push, just one more." the doctor said.

"you're almost done, give it everything." noen said, before you gave all you had left.

you pushed as hard as you could, until you heard the doctors cheer, a cry following after that. i was shaking, breathing rapidly, it was a crazy experience.

"you did so well." noen smiled, kissing my sweaty forehead.

i looked back down to see the small baby being wrapped up, then placed inside the gown on my chest. i looked down at her, kissing her small head. she was no longer crying, just laying silently on my chest. i looked up at noen, him smiling down on us.

"my beautiful girls." he said, bringing his finger to the baby's hand. she wrapped her hand around his finger, then opened her eyes.

"hi baby." i said. she looked at me, her eyes full of wonder. they were a light blue almost gray, just like mine.

"do we have a name?" one of the doctors asked. i looked up at noen nodding, signaling him to say the name.

"esmi reeve eubanks"

everyone awed at the name.

"your turn." i smiled. noen bent down, gently picking his daughter up.

"hi princess." he placed a kiss on her head. "i can't believe i'm a dad."

noen was in total awe staring at the baby in his arms. i had tears in my eyes from watching it. he was already the best dad.

esmi ended up weighing six pounds fifteen ounces, so very close to seven pounds. she latched on really well when breastfeeding. esmi was so far a perfect baby. quiet, like noen and i.

𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑠𝑝𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑙

"that really is the best sight i've ever seen." noen said from beside me, looking at me and esmi asleep on my chest.

"it's the best feeling too." i replied back, smiling.

"see, you survived the nine months. now look. i'm so proud of you. " noen kissed my head.

"couldn't have done it without you, i'm glad you didn't leave me." i giggled.

"its impossible for me to leave you."

"i love you so much."

"i love you so much more."