031

They were on their way to Dahyun's room, as Dahyun's auntie arrived and preferred to sleep with her mother that night. Her mother told her to bring Jungkook to her room, since they had to share one heater.

"Do your dongsaengs really interrogate everyone you would bring here?" Jungkook asked.

"No," she gently shook her head, "You're only the second one."

"Was Taehyung the first?" he asked. He knew he had to bring up the male because he also knew how it was him that still occupied her thoughts.

"Yeah," she mumbled as her gaze fell on the ground. She tried to laugh it off as she said, "Mina unni, Sejeong unni, Daehwi oppa, and Jimin oppa—they were together when they went here and those three were outnumbered so they didn't even give it a try."

"Oh," he nodded. But when they entered her room, he mischievously asked, "Are we going to share your bed?"

"In your dreams, Jeon Jungkook," Dahyun answered before laying down the futon on the floor. Jungkook chortled in reply and helped her in fixing his makeshift bed. He then comfortably laid down on the futon until Dahyun teasingly glared at him before saying, "Just try doing something nasty and I swear you'd never get back to Seoul alive."

Jungkook gaped and huffed, "Are you really doubting me right now? I thought we're friends!"

"Hey," Dahyun bellowed, "For your information, I never slept with a guy friend in the same room before."

"I thought Jimin hyung and Daehwi hyung have already been here," Jungkook said with his eyebrows knitted.

"Yes, they did but they did not stay overnight," Dahyun informed.

"Wow," Jungkook mockingly smiled, "Somehow, this makes me feel special."

Dahyun replied by throwing him his pillows to wipe the smirk off his face. Jungkook just chuckled more as he caught the pillows and positioned it behind his head. The girl just rolled her eyes at him before switching off the lights and climbing onto her own bed.

Somehow, this makes me feel nervous, she thought as she fidgeted on her bed.

When she turned, she was surprised to see Jungkook's head propped at the edge of her bed. She glared at him yet again and asked in a stern whisper, "What?!"

"Good night," Jungkook beamed.

"I understand. Go to sleep," Dahyun uttered and pushed his head downwards and away from her bed. However, Dahyun also found the corner of her lips rising into a smile as she thought of the guy's childish yet sweet side.

She then faced the ceiling and marvelled at how the moonlight perfectly illuminated her room. It wasn't that dark to make her afraid and it wasn't that bright either to make her sleepless.

As she closed her eyes, it was still Taehyung's face that flashed in her mind. Suddenly, she found herself recalling all the lovely memories they shared together. When she opened her eyes again, the silence made her yearn for Taehyung's voice too. She thought of the times when sleep was elusive to her and how the male would either sing or talk until she falls into a deep slumber. Before, his voice used to be her favorite lullaby and as the thought rang in her head, she suddenly found the silence she was in as lonely and deafening.

"Jungkook?"

"Hmmm?" the male hummed back.

"Are you already asleep?" she asked.

"I'm answering you so of course, I'm not asleep yet," Jungkook lazily said, "You?"

"I'm also talking too so that means I'm awake," she answered.