043

The only lights that illuminated the place came from the runway but Jennie didn't fail to notice how Dahyun exited the place and was then followed by Taehyung minutes later. She was already expecting this situation because all throughout the night, her eyes were only on the two, waiting and looking for the next move they would take.

When she saw how much they rightfully belonged in each other's arms during the dance, she knew that she had to act fast before everything falls apart for her.

She chewed on her lower lip as she rushed to catch her husband but then her steps halted when she met Tiffany at the door.

A smirk instantly played on Tiffany's lips as she told Jennie, "Where are you going? The party's not over yet."

"R-Restroom," Jennie stuttered.

"Restroom's inside," Tiffany retorted.

"Then where have you been?" Jennie asked.

Tiffany smiled and answered, "I needed to take a call so I looked for a place where it's less noisy."

"Then I'm looking for that place too," Jennie replied and was about to walk away.

But then, Tiffany scoffed and said, "I saw Taehyung."

At that statement, Jennie faced Tiffany again and asked, "Where is he?"

After confirming that Taehyung was again the cause of the girl's anxiety, Tiffany chuckled, walked slowly to Jennie and whispered, "With Dahyun of course."

Jennie bit her lip so hard, it almost bled. Her fists were balled and the tension showed through the rigidity of her body. She was so infuriated at her sister that she spat out, "If Taehyung doesn't come back to me... you're going to pay for this."

The smug smile that hung on Tiffany's lips slowly melted and her gaze on her sister turned sharp. She walked closer towards Jennie, so close that they could already feel each other's breath.

Tiffany then uttered, "Try. Just try and you'd let not just our parents but the whole world know how crazy you are."

Tiffany's eyes then flashed concern as she stared at her younger sister. She sighed before saying, "Jennie, you could honestly be so much better, if you could just stop chasing the man who would never love you back."

"No!" Jennie firmly replied, almost shouting. Breathing heavily she argued, "If it's not Taehyung, then it wouldn't work. I don't want anyone but Taehyung! So tell me now. Tell me where they are."

Tiffany rolled her eyes and huffed with frustration. Jennie was too stubborn for her to handle. Giving up, she turned to walk away, intending to leave Jennie's question unanswered.

But then, Jennie shouted, "Miyoung unni!"

"In the garden!" Tiffany answered, also raising her voice. Then she bellowed, "But I'm betting that those two would have run away by now. Go on and see for yourself."

Without saying goodbye, Jennie started running. That cold night, beads of sweat were already trickling down her face because of fatigue but no matter how hard she searched for, she could no longer find the two. Finding herself alone in the garden, she felt frustration boiling in her veins.

She then burrowed her nails on her palms as she clenched her fists and started yelling at the top of her lungs.

----------

Taehyung's one hand was on the steering wheel while the other clasped Dahyun's hand. When he first held her hand again, Dahyun widened her eyes and looked at him but when he just smiled, she knew that he wasn't kidding about his idea.

He meant to be free with her at least for one night.

And she let him be.

She let him be because when she felt his palm pressed against hers, it sent those familiar tingles in her heart and she realized how she still loved how his hand would softly brush against hers before their fingers got entangled together. She savoured the feeling of how each time they held hands, it seemed like Taehyung was filling her gaps.

"So how's work?" he asked, breaking the silence.

Dahyun then laughed because she realized how she also missed these petty little conversations.

Taehyung took the opportunity to admire the smile that he hasn't seen for so long.

Every time I see you, I see you cry, he thought sadly.

"I experienced how to be a model," she replied.

"I saw them," he nodded.

"Did I look good?"

The confidence to make the conversation go smooth came naturally after Dahyun had convinced her mind that she'd be carefree at least for one night.

Taehyung glanced at her and with a beam, he answered, "Of course, you do look good."

But after a hum, he added, "But you're still better when you're the one behind the cameras."

"I thought so too," she chuckled with him. Sighing, she looked outside the window and asked, "Where are we going?"

With another smile, Taehyung answered, "To our world."