20

"She's taking a half-day?" Jungkook asked Sejeong as he saw Dahyun packing her things earlier than expected.

"All work is done, anyways," Sejeong shrugged.

"But it's still unusual for her to go home early," Jungkook mumbled.

The girl sighed before asking, "Do you really want the reason why? Caution: It's going to break your heart."

"What is it?" Jungkook asked as he turned to her.

Sejeong stared right into his eyes before whispering, "It's their anniversary tomorrow."

Jungkook smiled but the gloom in his eyes were evident and Sejeong could only pat the male's back in an attempt to comfort him. But then soon, they were interrupted by Dahyun's voice,

"I'm leaving. Goodbye!"

"Take care~" Sejeong chimed and waved.

She was back to arranging some files when she heard the door creak again. Looking at the entrance, she found Jungkook with his bag.

The question she wanted to ask came out of Daehwi's mouth, "Where are you going?"

"I'm taking a half-day too," Jungkook said.

"Are you asking for my permission or are you merely informing me?" Daehwi raised an eyebrow at him.

Jungkook paused before answering, "I'm sorry but it's the latter."

And even before Daehwi could speak again, the former had already taken his leave. As Daehwi's eyes met Sejeong's, he smirked and uttered,

"I think we've just found another person sick in love."

"Sounds more like a masochist for me," Sejeong replied with another shrug.

----------

Dahyun was done buying groceries for the dinner she wanted to prepare for their anniversary. It was rare for her to cook for Taehyung but she would always make it special. She was thinking of what gift to buy but she was having difficulties of carrying all the bags. But then, the grocery bags were taken from her and turning to her helper, she widened her eyes upon finding Jungkook.

"Hey," she bellowed, "Are you escaping work?"

"I got permission from Daehwi," Jungkook lied with a big smile, "Come on. I'll accompany you."

"What? Wait. No," she shook her head, thinking that she would clearly 'cause him pain if she brought him with her to get a present for another guy.

"It's okay. I already know," Jungkook said but his words contradicted with the smile he showed.

"I can manage on my own," she uttered as she straight into his eyes.

"You're alone most of the time – at your home and when you stay late for work," Jungkook said as he started walking, "I feel like it's my obligation to keep you company."

"No one's obligating you nor forcing you to do anything," she whispered coldly as she kept up with his pace.

"That's right," Jungkook nodded, "This is purely voluntary so there's no need to feel burdened, Dahyun."

"You hurt yourself by doing all of these for me. How would I not feel burdened?" she retorted, still keeping her eyes glued to him.

"Because it's something you can do nothing about," Jungkook replied as they walked together, "It's inevitable. One would always want to be near the person he loves despite all the pain."