019

The aroma of the coffee lingered in the air and despite the cold wind, Dahyun felt warm having Taehyung by her side. The two sat, cramming themselves in her small veranda to stargaze.

"It's a good thing that it's not raining tonight," Taehyung commented.

"But the city lights are too bright to see the stars," Dahyun replied, "Back at home, thousands of stars fill the vast darkness."

"Do you miss home?"

"Of course," Dahyun nodded before laying her head on top of his shoulder.

There was a short moment of silence before Taehyung smiled and said, "I only know of missing you."

"Don't you miss home? People? Memories?"

"Home is where you are," Taehyung whispered. "You're the most important person, and the happiest memories that I have. I only know of missing you, Su because you're everything that I treasure."

Dahyun chuckled before exclaiming, "I don't know where you get all your cheesiness from."

"It's from the heart, of course," Taehyung replied.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Dahyun dismissed him lazily.

"Yah," Taehyung bellowed making her laugh. In reply, she tangled her fingers with his, and cuddled with him even more.

"I'm not good with sweet talks," she whispered. "And my heart only knows three words."

"Say it, then," Taehyung beamed.

Dahyun looked straight into his eyes and poured all her feelings for him as she said, "I love you."

Smiling, Taehyung cupped her face with his other hand, and gave her soft lips a short yet gentle kiss. He then pulled her to him even closer, wrapping her in his arms.

"Da, why did you choose to stay?" he whispered in her ears.

"I just told you the reason a few seconds ago," Dahyun replied.

"Don't you ever think about the things Jennie and I could be doing behind your back?" Taehyung asked straight-forwardly, but tightened his hold of her.

"I would be lying if I say no," she inhaled sharply before confessing. "I have insecurities too, Soo but my trust for you outweighs them. As long as you love me, I know you'll remain faithful too."

Taehyung sighed loudly before slowly nodding. Silence then followed before he broke it, saying, "Truthfully speaking, the anxiousness you have of Jennie. I think I know them now."

Dahyun felt his grip on her tightening again as he added, "I feel insecure of Jungkook, too. He's the first one, Su. He still pursued you, despite knowing the truth. And the 'I'm your boyfriend' trick won't work on him either."

"Tae - "

"I want to bombard you with texts and calls, asking if you're with him. I can't even focus on work because my thoughts would be filled with all the things he could be doing with you. I'm fighting every urge to keep you away from him because I know you won't like any of that. I know too that there could be other men in the future who would court you. I completely know that I can never keep others from falling in love with you because I know that it's easy for someone to fall for the most awesome girl I know. But then, I hate it. The thought of losing you kills me," Taehyung said with a hoarse voice.

Dahyun then turned to him, and seeing the sadness evident in his eyes, she caressed his face. Taehyung then closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of Dahyun's palm. He then smiled before saying, "But then, I know now, that I should be holding onto the trust that you've been holding onto for so long. I should trust you in the same way you trust me, and I should trust our love even more."

She felt relief as she saw that the smile he had on his face was one of confidence. Somehow, she felt fortunate that Taehyung could now understand what she had been going through. She then smiled back at him, and it was now her turn to give his lips a kiss, but hers was longer and full of passion. When she pulled away, she smiled at him, before laying her head onto his chest, feeling the rapid beating of his heart – his heart that contained her.

"I love you too, Dahyun," Taehyung finally whispered in her ears.