003

"How's work?" Taehyung asked as he emptied his plate.

"Not doing well," Dahyun replied as she sipped from her cup.

Taehyung's family business has been saved and it was again on its glory after his marriage with Jennie while Dahyun was the head of the marketing of a small clothing line and both of them had been stable with the works they were handling.

"We need to find a new model before this weekend," Dahyun groaned, "And Jihyo resigned too."

"I thought she would just take a maternity leave," Taehyung replied.

"She figured that she would want to focus on being a mother and a wife for the mean time," Dahyun answered.

"Then what about your model? What happened to the model before?" Taehyung asked as he sipped from his own cup.

"He ran away with the money we paid him for the contract," Dahyun said lifelessly.

"Then just tell the main branch that you need a new model," he suggested.

"That can't be!" Dahyun replied, "They'll know that we've lost a lot of money and we'll get reprimanded for that."

"So what's your plan?" Taehyung asked.

"I already told you," Dahyun bellowed, "We'll find a new model... Argh. I'll pray for a miracle to happen."

Taehyung chuckled before looking at the wall clock and he looked at Dahyun, both knowing that their precious time together will soon end.

"Go on. Take a bath," Dahyun said, "You'll be late for work."

"You're leaving?" Taehyung asked as he watched her stand up and grab her bag.

"Hmmm," Dahyun nodded, "You can leave the mess behind. I'll just clean it later but don't forget to give Ari her food for the entire day."

"I already put it on her tray," Taehyung said as he also stood up.

"When will I meet you again?" Dahyun asked as she opened the door.

She met Taehyung's gaze and as always, he replied with, "I'll try to make it as soon as possible."

Dahyun nodded because she knew that she could never get any assurance with the time of Taehyung's return. After all, Taehyung was not hers to begin with. When Taehyung snaked his arms onto her waist, Dahyun looked up and met his gaze until she felt his lips crush onto hers once more and they kissed like there was no tomorrow, because they knew that waiting for their reunion would seem like forever.

Like usual, Dahyun does everything she can to leave first because she hated sending Taehyung away. Like any other married couple, Taehyung and Jennie lived in the same house, so she knew that sending him away would mean sending him back to his wife. She was intimidated of the love Jennie had for Taehyung and she felt uneasy every time Taehyung would not be by her side and be with Jennie's.

However, Dahyun kept still holding onto the belief that their love was stronger than anything.

After all, Dahyun was not giving up on their relationship even if it meant that she had to technically play the role of being his mistress.

----------

"Has anyone applied yet?" Dahyun asked as she threw her bag onto her seat.

"Zero," Daehwi answered in English as he fiddled with a pen, "Both for the editor position and the model."

Dahyun groaned, "At least a model would be fine. That's urgent."

She tied her hair up as she knew that it was not the best way to start her day.

"But Mina has some good news," Daehwi added and just then, the Japanese girl whose hair was dyed in blonde came in with some rolled posters, placing them on Dahyun's desk.

"I came up with some new concepts by mixing the old ones!" Mina said enthusiastically.

"Unni," Dahyun said sternly, "How could we use your concept if we don't have a model yet?"

"I..." Mina then turned to the male diva sitting with crossed legs as she said, "That's not my job. That's Daehwi's!"

Dahyun turned to Daehwi who opened his mouth but found no words to say. Mina also raised her eyebrows at him and Daehwi just emitted a high-pitched gasp in complain.

"Well someone applied online!" Daehwi boasted, "He told me that he'll walk in this morning. So I'm just waiting – "

Just then, the doorbell rung and Daehwi gave Mina a confident smirk. She then pointed her finger at him but said nothing as Daehwi skipped happily away from them. One of the reasons Dahyun love her job was because she got along with her coworkers even if they all knew about her situation. She then turned to Mina and said,

"So, unni, you were saying?"

Mina then smiled at her as she started explaining to Dahyun the new ideas she came up with. While they were discussing for the feasibility of the concept, Daehwi returned.

"I'm done with the interview," he announced with a small smile, "I've checked his records and he looks decent."

"The last time you said that, the guy ran away with our money," Dahyun whispered and Mina nodded.

"Ah! Can't you just give me another chance?" Daehwi complained, "That's why I'm telling you I'm done with the interview so you could check him out for yourselves."

Dahyun and Mina looked at each other before following Daehwi.

Dahyun's gaze travelled from the guy's head to toe. She bit her nails as she inspected him thoroughly.

"He... looks okay to me," Mina said hesitantly while Daehwi clapped.

"Then, am I accepted?" the guy asked Daehwi but it was loud enough for Dahyun and Mina to hear.

"You also have to please the girl beside her. The one who looks strict," Daehwi whispered but when Dahyun gave him a sharp look, he quickly pressed his lips closed.

"Don't you find me handsome?" the guy flashed a smile at Dahyun and the girl raised one of her eyebrows at the boy's remark.

Daehwi and Mina widened their eyes at his action, and both tried to tell him that it was a bad move. However, his resume had already landed on Dahyun's hand and Daehwi rubbed his face in frustration.

"Jeon Jungkook?" Dahyun read his name from the resume.

"Yes. That's me," the male answered.

Dahyun smiled at him but she said, "You came here only wearing red hoodie, red checkered shorts, and flip flops. Moreover, the ends of your hair are dyed green."

"This is the new trend in KPOP!" Jungkook even proudly said and Daehwi rubbed his face in frustration once more while Mina tried her best not to laugh.

"No," Dahyun said sternly, her smile vanishing, "You look like a grazing field."

Mina let out a small chuckle which earned a glare from Daehwi so she pressed her mouth with both of her hands as Dahyun continued to glare at Jungkook.

"I didn't know that Daehwi's definition of decent has changed. You look like one of those high school students involved in a mafia who accidentally passed by here."

Mina's laughter had died down and Daehwi had bowed his head when the harsh words have already come out of Dahyun's mouth.

She then handed him back his resume as she said, "If you are handsome, you wouldn't need to ask others about it."

Dahyun then left the room leaving the dumb founded applicant and her apologetic coworkers.

-----------

AN: Hello. Here's Jungkook's first appearance. Hahahaha.