008

"Is it just me or is our model really sending love signals to you?"

They were having another photo shoot for the newly delivered clothes and she was monitoring it with Daehwi. She had kept her eyes on the screen until she took a glance over at Jungkook, who immediately took the opportunity to smile and wink at her. She sent him a rather obviously fake smile in reply and the male just chuckled before fixing his eyes at the camera once more. However, it turned out that it was not only her who took notice.

She groaned as she rolled her eyes at Daehwi before saying, "His newfound hobby is to annoy me."

Daehwi looked at her before smirking as he said, "Well, I think that he's just being desperate to get your attention."

"I know. He really loves attention," she replied.

"I said your attention," Daehwi repeated and widened his eyes at her. "Capital Y-O-U-R."

She batted her lashes numerous times in disbelief before letting out a scoff followed by the words, "Oh please. I have a boyfriend."

From his teasing eyes, there was a shift in emotion in Daehwi at the mention of her boyfriend. Among her four friends at work, Daehwi was the one who opposed her current relationship status. He is also friends with Taehyung, and he does like him as a person, but if Daehwi had to choose between Taehyung and Dahyun, he would surely choose the latter for Daehwi believes that Dahyun deserves so much better.

"Then you should let him know," he replied as he looked back at the monitor.

She stared at Daehwi, waiting for him to look back at her. She clearly knew that there was an underlying motive beneath those words and she said, "I don't trust him enough to let him know about Taehyung and I."

"He's already a co-worker, Dahyun."

"But he's not yet permanent. He's still on his probationary for his editor job and its only the main branch which can hire him as our model for the whole year," Dahyun reasoned, "I don't want to waste my time explaining myself to someone whom I know is just a passer-by in my life."

"And if he turns out not to be a passer-by? What if he stays more than you intend him to?"

It was his turn out to let out a scoff when Dahyun remained silent. Then he added, "It'll be miserable if he accidentally discovers it rather than you telling him directly."

She bit her lip as she thought hard how to argue back, but then Sejeong came.

"Hey. I'm buying drinks," she greeted with a smile but the smile quickly faded when she felt the tension between the two, "U-Uhm. What do you want?"

Dahyun sighed before flashing a small smile at Sejeong before saying, "They need you here. Let me be the one to buy the drinks unni."

Sejeong didn't even have the chance to protest as Dahyun quickly took the chance to leave. The last thing she wanted to do was to argue with Daehwi who never knew how to lose.

----------

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to ask you what you want," Sejeong apologized as she gave Jungkook the drink, "But I hope you would like what Dahyun picked for you."

Jungkook smiled upon receiving the drink and he replied, "This is perfect."

Sejeong raised her brows in a questioning manner but Jungkook just chuckled and tapped her shoulders. He said a word of thanks before he went towards Dahyun's desk. The girl lazily sipped from her chocolate milk shake before throwing a glance at Jungkook who smiled happily.

"What?" she asked.

"You were listening," Jungkook said with an unwavering smile.

Dahyun looked around with furrowed eyebrows. Not getting what Jungkook hinted, she searched for music nearby but found none. Confused, she asked back, "What are you talking about?"

"Back in the train when we were going home the other night," Jungkook started. "You had your earphones on, but I still told you about my addiction in banana milk."

Dahyun widened her eyes and felt that blood was rushing towards her cheeks. She didn't know that simply choosing a drink for him would let her be caught off-guard.

Jungkook chuckled upon seeing her blush in embarrassment and then he added, "You were just pretending that there was music on but you were actually listening to my stories!"

She blankly stared at him, and he was giggling happily that wrinkles near his eyes formed with his smiles.

"I didn't want to listen, but I just heard it!" she argued but Jungkook still kept smiling, as if telling her that he was not buying it. She sighed as she said, "Why do I even have to take the same train ride with you?"

"It's dangerous for you to go home alone late at night!" Jungkook argued back.

She chuckled before saying, "You sound like you're my boyfriend."

"Then, can I apply?" Jungkook asked as he rested his head on his hand, his elbow on Dahyun's desk.

"No thanks," she quickly said and she smiled upon seeing Jungkook's shocked expression. She then mirrored him, resting her head on her hand, elbow on the desk, just in front of Jungkook. Then she added, "I don't like you."

She waited for Jungkook to sit up or to sit back but Jungkook continued staring at her, his gaze tracing every feature of her face.

As the tension in the air escalated, it was Dahyun instead who backed out. A chuckle escaped Jungkook's lips seeing Dahyun's flustered expression.

"Yah. I just dumped you and you're still smiling?" Dahyun asked in disbelief.

"Yes," Jungkook nodded, his smile just growing bigger, "But you also smiled to me twice just a few seconds ago. That's rare, you know."

Her mouth fell slightly gaped upon hearing those words. But then she shook her head and said, "Why do you even like me when I do nothing but push you away?"

Jungkook finally sits back. He shrugged his shoulder before replying, "Your smile was just so hard to get that I think it's really precious. There's something so intriguing in you Kim Dahyun, that makes me crave for more."

"Stop," she retorted and also gestured the word with her hand.

"Don't worry. It's nothing big – probably a crush that's all," Jungkook defended with an assuring smile.

"No, seriously," she told him, "You should stop liking me."

Jungkook pouted at her before asking, "And could you give me a reasonable explanation?"

"Because," she started and unconsciously, she flashed yet another smile at him as she said, "I have a super amazing boyfriend already."

---------

AN: Hi! Sorry, I can only offer a double update for now to make up for the lack of updates this week. Huhu. Sorry.