049

When Tiffany was still starting as a designer, Jungkook was already a fan and he developed a little crush on her. Hence, it wasn't surprising that when he heard about the collaboration between the woman and his uncle, he decided to also go to the set. He went with his best clothes on, but then, with his premature height and face filled with baby fat back then, the woman never treated him seriously. His doe eyes were of no help too. He was trying to make her swoon but then Tiffany just laughed and ruffled his hair like a kid.

One day, on the set, his attention was caught by the sound of papers being torn. Soon, he found a girl with long silky black hair and cat-like eyes. Her movements were precise and careful, clearly elucidating classic femininity.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook asked.

His voice startled the girl, causing the papers to fall down on the floor.

Without second thoughts, Jungkook helped her and that was when he realized that she was tearing the pages of a fashion magazine. He gave her the paper he gathered and the girl took it, hugged it close to her chest before bowing politely at the male.

Jungkook repeated his question again, "What are you doing?"

"Paper flowers," the girl answered. Her gaze fell down on the floor as she continued, "It's my sister's birthday tomorrow so I'm planning to give her a bouquet of paper flowers."

Noticing that the girl hasn't made any progress yet, he asked, "Do you need help?"

Her gaze met his as she softly nodded.

That afternoon then passed with them finishing the bouquet of paper flowers, and both of them admired the fruit of their labor.

"Thank you," the girl mumbled as she beamed at him.

With the sweet smile that adorned the girl's lips, Jungkook found her beautiful.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Jennie," the girl answered.

Jungkook and Jennie were fifteen when their friendship blossomed. Since then, Jungkook always looked forward to Jennie's vacation from school because it was only then that she would visit Tiffany in America and it was only then that they could spend time together. Then, he started learning more about her such as how she likes singing and ballet, how she likes ice creams more than cakes, how she likes cats more than dogs, and how she likes a certain person named Kim Taehyung.

That night when Jennie declared that it was no longer a crush but genuine love that she felt for Taehyung, Jungkook could only smile because he wanted to tell the same thing about Jennie.

----------

Jungkook loved how they acted like a couple when they were together but at the same time hated it because Jennie would remind him from time to time who really occupied her heart.

They were lying on the rooftop with Jennie's head on Jungkook's shoulder and her hands hugging his waist as they stargazed together.

"Kookie, am I pretty?" she whispered.

"Inside and out," he answered without hesitation.

"Are you saying that so that my feelings would not be hurt?" Jennie asked as she raised her head and looked at Jungkook's eyes to see if he was telling the truth.

Jungkook smiled and confidently met her gaze as he answered, "No. You're the most beautiful woman I know, Jennie."

She smiled a little but sadness adorned her eyes as she mumbled, "Then, why can't Taehyung love me?"

Every time Jennie asks that question, Jungkook's heart would break into little pieces as the woman he loved searched for the love of another. He turned so that they would be face to face and he asked her, "Jennie, am I handsome?"

"Oh?" she suddenly gasped, "Do you want me to answer honestly?"

"Of course," Jungkook chuckled.

"Hmm," Jennie nodded with a smile on her lips.

Jungkook beamed back but then the smile on his lips melted away as he asked, "Then, why can't you love me?"

At the sudden confession, Jennie widened her eyes but didn't move away from his hold of her. Jungkook took the risks and glossed his lips on hers but Jennie didn't kiss him back.

----------

"He's just going to use you and your family's money!" Jungkook shouted over the phone.

He was so infuriated at the fact that the female agreed to the engagement and that he wouldn't even know of this engagement if he hadn't seen the news.

"I know," Jennie muttered on the other line.

"And you're just going to let him use you like that?!" Jungkook yelled.

"Yes, I will!" Jennie shouted back, "Because this is my only chance!"

When he suddenly heard short sobs over the phone, Jungkook's tensed body softened and his heart started aching at the sound of her cries.

"This is my only chance," Jennie cried, "This is my only chance to make Taehyung love me. I never won against Dahyun, Jungkook – only this time and I should make the best out of it."

Then Jennie told her how they agreed to divorce three years later and it just made him angrier but he could no longer bring himself to shout at the girl whose cries never stopped as she talked over the phone.

It had always been like this.

Their conversation would drift to how Jennie loved Taehyung so much but he loved another girl. Jungkook wasn't spared from the pain of unrequited love as he had always wanted to be the subject of Jennie's affection.

Knowing the suffering of having a love unreturned, Jungkook also carried the pain that Jenny felt.

He didn't exactly know who Taehyung and Dahyun were but he hated them. Jungkook hated them because they broke Jennie's heart and they took away the innocence in her eyes and the sanity of her mind.

----------

AN: Surprise??? Haha. There will be many flashbacks from here on to explain everything. Enjoy the ride!