034

"These are the times that I wish I'm Dahyun," Sejeong sighed as she looked at the monitor with Daehwi, watching as Jimin took her picture with Jungkook.

"Her beauty is radiating," Daehwi sang but his voice deadpanned as he added, "But so does her awkwardness."

At first, the two were portraying a chic couple and the resting cold expression of Dahyun fitted perfectly with the clothes that she was wearing. However, when the set needed to be changed to cute and warm and they needed to make more skinship, Dahyun was not being helpful anymore.

"Dahyun, relax your shoulders more!" Mina instructed, "That's just Jungkook holding you! Don't be afraid of him!"

"He's hugging me too comfortably! How would I relax?!" Dahyun asked before hitting Jungkook's hand.

"Hey. I'm just in character," Jungkook smirked.

"In character your face," Dahyun uttered, "You're just using this opportunity!"

"Jungkook's actually doing good. Dahyun, you must at least pretend that you're a couple for this to work," Mina desperately said.

"I told you," Jungkook whispered in her ears, "Come on, Dahyun. Work with me."

Dahyun groaned before surrendering. She sighed before she slowly leaned back towards Jungkook, making her body rest at the male's figure. As her back hit her chest, she noticed how the male had a formidable body. She realized that Jungkook was someone she could lean on, figuratively and quite literally too.

At the sudden thought, she chuckled genuinely and luckily, Jimin was able to capture the moment.

"Perfect! That was perfect!" Daehwi clapped. "Come on, more!"

"Hey, Jungkook? Do you work out?" Dahyun tried to talk to him to be able to dissolve the awkward atmosphere on the set.

"Hmmm? Work-out? No. I was just born with a prince's body."

"Airhead," she said and as she laughed once again, the camera flashed once more.

"You're lying too comfortably on me, you know?"

"I think this is fun," she said as she turned to him.

"Working with me?" Jungkook smiled.

"No. Making you a chair is the fun part," she cheekily smiled and there was another flash.

"Hey. Look in front of you. The camera's there," Jungkook muttered but as the girl complied, the male tightened the hug and planted a kiss on her cheek.

Dahyun widened her eyes but even before she could react, Daehwi exclaimed, "Okay! Done!"

Jungkook immediately took the opportunity to run away from her wrath. As others chuckled upon watching Dahyun chase Jungkook across the room, Jimin just stared at the pictures in his camera.

He mumbled to himself, "Someone would surely not like this."

----------

"Are you going home? Let's go together."

"No," Dahyun shook her head.

"Is it still because of the kiss a while ago?" Jungkook frowned, "I already apologized and you've already hit me a hundred times. Isn't that a payback already?"

Dahyun beamed and shook her head before saying, "I'm not avoiding you. I just need a little solitude."

"Would you be okay?" Jungkook tilted his head as he asked.

"Yes, I would be. I promise," Dahyun said before waving goodbye.

But the male was still persistent. He waited for her to board the bus and if the girl didn't insist, he would have ridden it with her. She waved goodbye yet again and watched as his image became smaller and smaller in her line of sight. A sad smile crossed her lips because the scene was so nostalgic.

As her breath fogged up the glass of the window, she drew a happy face like a child. But then, she saw her reflection, she noticed how her face showed a different emotion. Her eyes then travelled to watch the city at night and everything flashed back to her once more.

As she closed her eyes, she remembered riding Taehyung's car but there were no more fingers entangled with hers or petty conversations ringing in her ears. She knew too that every memory of Taehyung was carved in every corner of her apartment. Whether it was her home at the province or her home in Seoul, there was still a piece of Taehyung in it.

Her heart started aching at the sudden realization but a smile also crossed her lips. With a loud sigh, she fished her phone out of her pocket and dialled a number.

Like before, only three rings, and he'd pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

As she heard his voice, a tear almost dropped from her eyes. She bit her lips in order to contain all the bursting emotions in her chest. It was just one word and yet her heart was already on the loose.

She sighed and gulped, gathering all courage left inside her before replying, "Hello Taehyung."

----------

It was already past office hours but he was one of the few who remained in the building. Taehyung was trying to consume himself with the amount of work he had been doing. He needed both an excuse not to be with Jennie and a distraction to keep himself from thinking about Dahyun. His head was already aching but he didn't want to rest since his thoughts would surely bring him into painfully yearning for the woman he loves.

He sighed as he massaged his temples and shut his eyes tight but then, the ringing of his phone distracted him. His hand automatically fished it out of his pocket and upon seeing the Caller ID, he widened his eyes.

The name in his phone screen was enough to make all the sleepiness and headache crumble away.

"Dahyun," he read with a whisper.

Not wasting the opportunity, he answered it at the third ring. With a hoarse voice, he asked, "Hello?"

There was silence and at that time, Taehyung wanted to curse at the possibility of someone pulling a prank on him. However, he finally heard the voice that he had been longing for so long.

"Hello, Taehyung."

This time, it was Taehyung's turn to be engulfed in a long silence. There was a big smile plastered across his face but at the same time, worried tears were forming in his eyes. There were so many things he wanted to say: "I miss you", "I love you", "How are you?" but instead, he could only come up with muttering her name again.

"Dahyun?"

"Hmmm," he heard her hum but that alone was sending his heart thumping so loudly in his chest. He was thinking of the most appropriate thing that he could say, but Dahyun had already beaten him up on it.

He heard her utter, "I'm back in Seoul."

And at that moment, he had nothing but to say but an "I want to see you."

But for the second time, Dahyun had beaten him up on it.

"Let's meet up."

"Sure," he answered without any hesitation.

"How about tomorrow?" she asked.

"What time?" he asked back.

"You decide the time and the place," she suggested, "Since you're more busy than I am."

He closed his eyes, trying to think of a certain location. Time was not an issue for him for Dahyun was a priority and he could cancel any meeting for her. He just needed the perfect place in order to appease her. He didn't want to waste the opportunity she was giving him.

"Tomorrow, 4pm at the café near our university," he said.

"Okay," she shortly replied before ending the call.

And the lack of any term of endearment or loving words made Taehyung anxious the whole night.

However, somehow he was thankful that Dahyun didn't say "Bye".

—————
AN: I can see that the comment section in the chapters are getting heated with all these team dahkook vs team vhyun 😂 Sorry I don't reply to them, but rest assured that I read them all. 😊 I just want to remind you though that this fic is under the angst category 😬