012

Taehyung was sitting beside Jennie in a rounded table with both of their parents. It seemed like the families were planning to have lunch together in a five-star restaurant. Unfortunately, it was the same restaurant where Dahyun and Jungkook were supposed to meet Miya.

"Isn't that Taehyung-ssi over there? Why is he with a girl?"

Dahyun didn't answer Jungkook. Instead, she tried to analyze the situation. She could've called Miya again and agree with her to transfer to another restaurant. She could've stepped out right at that moment; she could've chosen to walk away and just explain things to Jungkook when they're already far enough but Dahyun was already tired of running away.

She knew that at one point in time she had to face these kinds of situations. It just turned out that it was now.

She looked around and realized that they had to pass by Taehyung's table in order to get to the table Miya had reserved. She hoped that they could go unnoticed because if they succeeded to do so, then all would be well.

"Do me a favor," Dahyun said sternly, "Shut up until we get to our table."

Jungkook saw the girl glare but she still refused to meet his eyes. He didn't even have the time to ask because Dahyun had already started walking. He bit back a sigh as he followed and walked behind her. However, his eyes never left the people on the table, especially Taehyung. When the latter finally realized their presence, he was petrified. Jungkook noticed how Taehyung stiffened upon seeing Dahyun and him.

Dahyun was about to sigh in relief as she passed by the table until she heard someone call her name.

"Kim Dahyun? Is that you?"

She fought the urge to roll her eyes as she turned and forced a smile while Jungkook stood beside her.

"Omo. It really is Kim Dahyun," one of the elder women stood up and hugged her. She was confused but out of respect, she gave the hug back. However, when the woman noticed how puzzled Dahyun looked, she let out a soft chuckle. "I don't think you remember me anymore. I'm Kim Nam Joo. I was the one who bought your photo book years ago."

At the sudden memory, Dahyun made a bittersweet smile. Slowly she nodded as she answered, "Yes. I remember."

Nam Joo smiled at her husband and the other four people as she explained, "This girl took marvelous photos. It was a pleasure adding her work to my collection."

The photo book was made as an entry for Dahyun to enroll in a Photography Class. However, in senior high she had to sell her camera to pay for her and her siblings' school fees. By that time, she knew that her family's economic condition couldn't make her take the path she wanted. As she sold the book, she also decided to let go of her dream.

She snapped out of her trance and introduced the male that stood beside her, "This is Jeon Jungkook. A co-worker."

"This is my husband, Woo Sung and my daughter, Jennie," Nam Joo took the turn to introduce the people she was with. "And this is her husband, Kim Taehyung and his parents, Min Jong and Hye Soo."

Dahyun took note of how Jennie tried hard not to meet gazes with hers. Taehyung's mother and father flashed forced smiles but Dahyun knew that by the way they gripped their glasses tight, her presence made them tense. However, she regretted looking at Taehyung, because by the way he stared at her, she knew that he was suppressing all his emotions.

"Nice to meet you, Dahyun-ssi," Hye Soo extended her hand.

There was a pang in Dahyun's chest in that simple action of Taehyung's mother. She was hinting that she never knew Dahyun at all. Nam Joo remembered her with just one meeting, but here are Taehyung's parents, pretending that it was their first. Dahyun felt her stomach crawling towards her throat- the act made her sick.