041

Jeon Jungkook had always been there for her and he had been in both her hometown and her apartment so it was only natural for Dahyun to feel bad that she had to look up his resume and use Google Maps in order to find his home. An hour later, she found herself standing in front of a condominium unit. Chewing on her bottom lip, she knocked continuously until the door finally opened revealing Jungkook.

As soon as she saw the male, she furrowed her eyebrows and told him, "Hey. What are you doing here lazing around?"

"I'm not lazing around..." he weakly replied.

Dahyun was waiting for him to continue his sentence and Jungkook was looking for strength to do so but instead, his droopy eyes closed completely as his body fell towards Dahyun. The girl managed to catch him but had difficulties in making their bodies both steady.

Jungkook's warm breathing then fanned her ears as he whispered, "I'm sick. Go before I make you sick too."

But Dahyun noticed how he couldn't find the strength to push her away so with a frustrated huff, she carried him inside his unit. Fortunately, Jungkook still had some consciousness left in him to tell her where his room is. With difficulties, she plopped him back to his bed and panting heavily, she stared at the male whose vulnerability showed through his physique.

I guess it's my turn to take care of you now.

Jungkook woke up in the middle of the night feeling a lot better than the morning. It was like he was restored to his full potential once more. He did not need to think hard where his remedies came from because she was already sitting beside his bed, trying to keep herself awake by watching some videos on her phone.

For a while, he just found himself staring, enjoying the sight of a beautiful woman near him, and the feeling of being cared for.

"You're a good person," he said with a hoarse voice which caught the attention of the girl.

"Oh. You're awake," Dahyun blurted and her hand flew towards his forehead as she checked his temperature. She beamed as she added, "You're better now."

But instead of affirming Dahyun, Jungkook just repeated his words, "I said, you're a good person."

"Me?" Dahyun asked back. She beamed, "This is nothing compared to everything you've done for me."

As Jungkook faintly smiled back, she added teasingly, "Besides, I don't want to go to that party alone tomorrow so you have to get well and accompany me, right?"

Jungkook nodded in reply.

"So how do you feel?" she asked.

He stared at her and Dahyun blushed as she noticed that his gaze was tracing every feature of her face. With his eyes still on her, he whispered, "I feel something that I am not intended to feel – a feeling that I didn't expect to come."

"What is this? You're sick and you still have the energy for metaphors and riddles?" Dahyun knitted her eyebrows. Sighing, she told him, "Just tell me what you need. What do you want? Water? Food?"

"Since I'm sick, would you give me anything I ask of you?" Jungkook asked back. 

She creased her brows in confusion, yet she still nodded in reply. She watched as the male slowly got up and made space in his bed. 

He then looked at her intently as he said, "Can you please stay with me?" 

But sensing the hesitation reflected in her gaze, he added, "At least for the night? Please?"

After a long debate with herself, she sighed before climbing to his bed and lying down flat at her back at the space he provided for her. She tried to maintain distance between them yet when she faced him, her heart jumped at the proximity between the two of them.

Jungkook continued staring at her and Dahyun found herself getting lost in his gaze.

He asked in a whisper, "Can I hold you too?"

She bit her lip as a debate happened inside her head, yet there was a certain part of her that yearned to be held.

Dahyun nodded her head without a word and Jungkook's hand found its way on her waist, slightly pulling her closer as he also inched towards her. 

Her heartbeat was already racing, as she stayed still, panic registering in her system. 

Yet, as Jungkook softly beamed at her, Dahyun found peace.

He closed his eyes as he whispered, "It would be good if you could always stay with me and if we could always stay together like this."

She sighed in reply as she surrendered to the bliss of lying comfortably in someone else's arms.

—————

"Tiffany even sponsored our clothes," Dahyun said as she turned around in the mirror, admiring the gown that has been specially sent for her.

"Of course, she would. It'd be bad if her models would look like fools in the party, don't you think so?" Jungkook replied as his own reflection joined hers.

Dahyun then turned to the male and realized that all her co-workers' eyes were on the both of them. She smiled timidly as she tucked some of her curled locks behind her ear. The four circled them with admiration in their eyes and contented smiles on their lips.

"If the party you would attend would have an award for best dressed couple, you two would surely be nominated," Sejeong commented.

"And there's a high chance that you might just win that award," Daehwi complimented further.

"But before you lose points for being late, let's get you going," Jimin suddenly interrupted, "The cab is already there."

The two didn't even have the time to argue back because they were pushed towards and inside the cab with their co-workers wishing them luck. They waved as the cab sped away towards the hotel but the ride was quiet as Dahyun's mind was filled with so many things and possibilities.

Breaking the silence, Jungkook asked, "Hey. When you were taking care of me, did you change my clothes?"

"I-I did," Dahyun stuttered and Jungkook teasingly covered his chest with wide eyes. Dahyun then slapped his arm, making him chuckle as she argued, "Don't act like you've never been undressed before."

"But really. You're the first woman to see it besides my mother," Jungkook faked his acting.

"Stop making it a big deal! It's not like I saw anything besides your abs," she exclaimed but gasped as she realized her words.

Jungkook laughed aloud as he asked, "So how is it? Did my body pass your expectations?"

Dahyun hissed and just averted her gaze at the cab's window. She mumbled, "I like you better when you're sick. You're less annoying."

"You like me better when I'm sick..." Jungkook repeated her words and then questioned, "Then that means you like me too even if I'm not sick."

"You have so much energy to twist my words now. I guess you really feel better," Dahyun made face at him.

Jungkook giggled yet asked her, "So are you still nervous?"

Realizing that the conversation was to drive Dahyun's anxiousness away, her gaze on the male softened. 

Jungkook then beamed a little and added, "If you don't want to be confronted by anyone tonight then just stick with me, okay?"

The corner of Dahyun's lips then lifted into a smile as she nodded. It didn't take long before they arrived at the vicinity of the venue. Dahyun gulped seeing the prominent faces of the fashion industry and the gallant aura of the whole place made her feel more frightened. However, even before her heart was consumed in nervousness once more, Jungkook held her hand. 

He gave her an assuring smile while she gave him hers.

Then, both of them took a deep breath before entering the hall, marking the start of one exceptional night.