Chapter one-hundred-ten

"I picked this up from Arthur's, d'you reckon I'd pass as a Muggle?" Mr Diggory said as he emerged from the hallway outside Faith's room buttoning up his blue blazer. Faith looked up from packing her luggage at her dad and was not that surprised as an average person would be when they saw a person wearing a bright blue blazer over a black raincoat, paired with flared velvet pants and boat shoes. 

"Sure, Dad," Faith nodded approvingly as she placed a pile of books at the bottom of her backpack. 

"Are you sure, I didn't think Muggles were such overdressers?" Mr Diggory said uncertainly as he moved to stand in front of the big mirror on the back of the door. 

"Well, Muggles are odd," Faith just shrugged. "Could you help me pack my stuff?"

"Sure, Faithy-kins," Mr Diggory smiled at his daughter from the reflection in the mirror. He drew out his wand and raised it at all the stuff on her bed. With a flick of the wand, every little thing from her clothes to Cedric's frame flew neatly into the backpack before it zipped up and levitated out of the room. "Let's go downstairs, your mum's ready to leave already,"

Mr Diggory left the room. Faith looked around her room; at the pale green walls and the deep red covers on her bed; at the closed dark red curtains from which just one beam of moonlight glided through; at the small desk on which she wrote all her letters to her friends whenever she couldn't seem them like she had done these past three days.

Just three days without Harry and she already felt more tired than usual. The Curse had certainly gotten worse over the time they started dating as it wasn't this bad over Christmas holidays. Everything around her reminded her of Harry's absence for no particular reason. Even small things like parchment made her reminiscing about the times they wrote essays together at Hogwarts, tangled up in each other and totally not distracting each other from work by stealing kisses every once in a while.

To any other person, it probably sounded like Harry had died and she missed the times she spent with him but their sad reality was the Instinctive Binding Curse. And that sad reality was the reason she was going to stay with Harry and his Muggle family for the next week or two, until the Order was going to pick them up again, just before Harry's seventeenth birthday. 

Faith was not safe in her own home. Even though it had many protective barriers to keep Muggles away, it did not stand a chance against someone as powerful as Voldemort. And since she was the key to lure Harry to him, she had to be brought to safety. And safety was with Harry, wherever he went. 

Faith sighed to herself as she turned and closed the door, she had no idea when she would see this place again. She had not told her parents about the fact that she was going Horcrux hunting with her friends. Nobody knew about it except them, not even the Order. 

There was something about the start of their journey that Faith knew Harry had overlooked. He didn't grow up in the magical world after all. Faith knew Harry was planning to leave the second Bill and Fleur's wedding was over, he'd be seventeen by then. But Faith wouldn't be seventeen until the first of September. Faith wasn't sure if she could call it lucky, but she had already come up with a plan. 

"Faithy-kins? Are you coming, sweetheart?"

She should really ask her father to stop calling her that. 

Faith hurried down the stairs, grabbed her coat from the hanger in the hallway and quickly joined her mum and dad outside. Mrs Diggory closed the door behind her daughter. Faith turned around one last time, looking up at the house, wondering when she'd return and what the world would look like then. 

The first thing she knew she would do was to ask her father to bake his infamous cinnamon cakes so the entire house would smell like it. Like that smell she now connected to Harry.