Chapter one-hundred-five

"Hey, Harry?" Faith asked one afternoon as she sat down next to Harry on the loveseat in front of the fire. 

"Hmm?" Harry responded, looking his girlfriend fondly in the eyes. 

"If people ask to see your chest tattoo ... I didn't tell them you have one," She smiled innocently. 

"You told them I have a chest tattoo?" Harry blinked at her. 

"I didn't, did you not hear me?"

"What did you tell them he's got?" Ron asked from the couch next to them with a shit-eating grin at Harry. 

"Someone was deciding on either his girlfriend's pretty face or a Hungarian Horntail, and someone settled on Hungarian Horntail," Faith said as she hid behind her book on metamorphmagi.

"Thanks," Harry grinned as he still couldn't get his eyes off her.

"You know, it's been months. I thought people got over it by now but every time I bump into - someone bumps into Romilda Vane, she wants to know about your tattoos and your kissing tactics," Faith said indignantly.

"My kissing tactics?"

"That's right," Faith giggled. "She asked really oddly specific questions, I don't know how she came up with them but I just said everything was true,"

Harry was so in love with the good mood she was in, he couldn't even be a little mad. He thought she just looked so ethereal with that smile on her face, he couldn't bring himself to care about the new rumours that were most likely going to sprout. 

"Maybe I deserve it for telling Eddie Carmichael that the reason you were so sore last Saturday was that we had some fun, not that you rolled off your broom again," Harry said teasingly. 

"Is that why he's looking at me like he hates my guts?" Faith asked.

"It's better than looking at you like he wants to snog you right in front of me," Harry shrugged. "I don't think he likes me very much,"

"I wonder why that is," Ron commented. "It's not like you're snogging her every chance you get,"

"Hypocrite," Faith chuckled. "Didn't you say your lips got sore from kissing Lavender so much?"

"You know, I could accept this relationship when you still were too shy to kiss in public but I've been reconsidering since the Quidditch party," Ron told them as he took his corrected essay from Hermione. 

"Who'd you rather see me snogging; Harry or Alex?"

Ron clenched his jaw before sighing out in defeat.

"Harry then, I suppose," He sighed and Faith smiled triumphantly. 

"Me too," Harry said and he pressed a kiss to Faith's lips, Faith hummed in agreement.

"Did you not just hear me express my discomfort?" Ron exclaimed indignantly. 

"We did, we didn't care," Faith said, giving Harry a kiss back. 

"Come on, Harry, we're playing chess," Ron interrupted to two and he pulled his friend off his sister towards the tables by the window. Within minutes they were egging on a heated battle between their pawns. 

Faith stayed with Hermione on the couch right behind their table and tried to read through one of the final chapters of her metamorphmagi book which described how to make and heal minor cuts on your own skin. She was very distracted by the fact that Harry was looking at the chessboard with eyebrows furrowed, sleeves rolled up, and messy hair, maybe looking as intimidating as ever to other people but it caused Faith to get a warm feeling in her lower belly. It only took one swearword from Harry for Faith to get up and pull Harry with her to the boys' dormitories by his tie.