Chapter one-hundred-one

"Look, I haven't forgotten about Slughorn, but I haven't got a clue how to get that memory off him, and until I get a brainwave why shouldn't I find out what Malfoy's doing?"

Breakfast the next morning was tense. The four Gryffindors were all pretending Ron and Hermione did not walk in on Harry and Faith fiercely snogging on Harry's bed in the boys' dormitories when they went to see what took them so long. Ron had then forbidden them from ever snogging in the boys' dormitories again because the number of times they were caught there was piling up.

Harry was now discussing why he should stalk Malfoy instead of getting the memory from Slughorn. 

"We've told you, you need to persuade Slughorn," Hermione countered. "It's not a question of tricking him or bewitching him, or Dumbledore could have done it in a second. Instead of messing around outside the Room of Requirement you should go and find Slughorn and start appealing to his better nature," She opened the new Daily Prophet and read through the headlines.

"Anyone we know -?" Ron asked.

"Yes!" Hermione said suddenly, resulting in Harry, Ron and Faith almost choking on their food. "But it's all right, he's not dead - it's Mundungus, he's been arrested and sent to Azkaban! Something to do with impersonating an Inferius during an attempted burglary ... and someone called Octavius Pepper has vanished ... oh, and how horrible, a nine-year-old boy has been arrested for trying to kill his grandparents, they think he was under the Imperius Curse ..."

After breakfast, Hermione hurried off to Ancient Runes, Ron to the common room to finish Snape's essay, and Harry and Faith left for the seventh floor. Harry wanted to try to get into the Room of Requirement and Faith wasn't going to let him do that alone. Besides, if it didn't work they'd have some alone time to finish what they started that morning. 

Harry had brought his Invisibility Cloak to, just to be safe in case Crabbe and Goyle were guarding the corridor in their disguises, but they were lucky as the seventh-floor corridor was completely deserted.

"OK, so what now?" Faith asked as Harry put his Invisibility Cloak back in his bag and put that on the floor. 

"Now we think of whatever place Malfoy's going," Harry said as he rolled up his sleeves, adding to Faith's pent up desire for Harry's lips on hers. 

"And you know what place he's going?" Faith then inquired with her arms folded.

"No,"

"Yeah, didn't think so,"

Harry gave her a look, ignoring his own pent up feelings from getting interrupted that morning. He wished he could go back in time and lock the door to the dormitories. 

Faith watched as Harry faced the wall where the door was supposed to appear with his hands in his sides, only fuelling Faith's frustration. She sat down against the opposite wall, under the painting with the ballet dancing trolls, and just stared at her boyfriend with an amused smile. 

He paced in front of the empty wall three times, in deep thought about the place he wanted to go; wherever Draco Malfoy was going. After three times, he opened his eyes and ... nothing. Just a blank wall still. He pushed the wall once to see if the door maybe camouflaged itself as wall but nothing happened.

"Good one," Faith called with a smirk. 

"OK," Harry ignored her teasing, refraining himself from kissing her. "OK ... I just thought the wrong thing ..." He shrugged at Faith who winked back. He thought of a new way to ask the Room of Requirement to show him Malfoy's secret lair and then started to pace again. Three times past the wall and he opened his eyes just to see the blank wall again. "Oh, come off it. That was a clear instruction ... fine ..."