Chapter sixty-four

Faith froze in shock. This couldn't be happening. The only light in their life right now was going to be taken away and they might get expelled. Well, they almost certainly would get expelled. 

"Dobby - this is an order - get back to the kitchen with the other elves and, if she asks you whether you warned me, lie and say no!" Harry bent down to Dobby's eye-level. "And I forbid you to hurt yourself!"

Harry stood back up and saw that most of the students had left, just a few were still at the large door. He noticed Faith still next to him with her eyes wide open. 

"Faith, come on!" He yelled as he seized her hand and dragged her out of the Room of Requirement. When they got through the door, Harry slammed it shut. He saw the DA members just run around the corners so it was just them. Harry hoped they wouldn't run towards their common rooms, that would be too far. They'd better hide in the library or outside even. 

"What do we do?" Faith asked. She looked panicked. Her hand felt warm in his and Harry then realised he was actually holding her hand. Yet he didn't let go. 

"Er - there's a boys' bathroom up ahead, we can hide there," Harry suggested. Faith nodded and they started to speed-walk to the boys' bathroom, careful not to walk too fast that it would be obvious they just came from an illegal meeting about to get caught, but not too slow that they would definitely get caught. 

Luckily for them, the bathroom was empty, like they expected. Of course, there wouldn't be people there at nine in the evening. Harry dragged Faith behind the bathroom stalls and there they stayed. 

"OK, when someone comes looking here, we're just using the restroom," Harry told her and Faith nodded with a roll of her eyes.

"Obviously," She said. "Just one problem,"

Harry thought for a second and then he realised.

"You're not a boy," He said with a grin, but still a little worried. 

"I can be," Faith grinned back. "Should I turn into Snape?"

"Oh, my God, no," Harry quickly said. 

Faith smiled teasingly. 

"Just kidding," She said and she looked around the corner to see if someone was there or if someone was entering. "When someone comes, I'll improvise, turn into Umbridge herself if it's necessary,"

"Wouldn't do that, if I were you," Harry countered. "She'll expel you right on the spot,"

"Yeah, fair point -"

"Here they are Professor!" A voice they both recognised yelled out. "They were plotting against you, Professor! Diggory is going to use her metamorphic abilities to turn into you!"

They looked to the side and saw Malfoy standing there with his wand raised. 

"It's him!" Umbridge said brightly at the sight of Harry. "Excellent, Draco, excellent, oh, very good - fifty points to Slytherin! I'll take them from here ..." Umbridge seized both of their arms and dragged them out of the boys' bathroom. "You hop along and see if you can round up any more of them, Draco. Tell the others to look in the library - anybody out of breath - check the bathrooms, Miss Parkinson can do the girls' ones - off you go!"

Malfoy gave the two Gryffindors one last grin before leaving for the opposite direction. 

"And you two can come with me to the Headmaster's office," Umbridge said to Harry and Faith. "And I will take twenty points from Gryffindor for being in the boys' bathroom, Miss Diggory,"

Faith rolled her eyes. As if no one ever did that

All Harry could think about was what would happen if Faith got expelled, or Ron - Mrs Weasley would be furious - or Hermione - she wouldn't be able to do her OWLs - and it was Seamus' first meeting, and Neville was getting really good ...