Chapter thirty

Potions went exactly as predicted. 

Snape welcomed them, told them how he hoped they'd fail their OWLs so they wouldn't come back next year, then demanded them to make a perfect Draught of Peace in the time they had. Well, the only one that succeeded was, obviously, Hermione. Ron's was spitting green sparks, Harry's had a weird dark grey fog rising from it and Faith's was emitting bubbles. At least their's were better than Goyle's who set his robes on fire when they had to hand in a sample. 

Of course, Harry was the only one that got picked on by Snape even though Harry was much closer to the intentional end result than most of the others. Snape just passed Faith's cauldron with an odd look instead of telling the entire class what a useless student she was like he'd do with Harry.

After that, it was time for lunch which also didn't end very well. Ron and Hermione got back to bickering which drove Harry mad so he took out his bad mood on them before leaving towards the North Tower where he, Ron and Faith would have Divination later. 

"They stopped arguing," Harry looked up and saw Faith standing there. He sat alone, underneath the trap door that led to the Divination classroom. Faith took a step closer to him and sat down in front of him. She was sent by Hermione and Ron because they thought it was best if she talked to them. He couldn't be mad at her for Ron and Hermione's bickering. 

"Good," Harry grumbled.

"Hermione did want me to tell you that she thinks it would be nice if you stopped taking out your temper on us," Faith said what Hermione told her to say. 

"I'm not -" Harry tried to deny it but Faith interrupted him.

"I'm just passing on the message," She said and Harry sighed.

"I'm sorry," He said softly. Faith smiled at him. 

"No, I get it," Faith told him as she leaned back on her arms, crossing her legs. "I'd have some pent up anger too if I was in your shoes," First Seamus when he didn't believe Harry, and then Snape who just doesn't like Harry. It must suck to be The Boy Who Lived. 

Just then, the bell rung, the sign for the end of lunch and the start of their next class; Divination. The silver ladder ascended from the attic and landed right next to the two Gryffindors. They got up and climbed up the stairs, waiting for the rest of the class to arrive. When Ron came in from the trapdoor, he looked around carefully until he spotted Harry and Faith at a table in the back. 

"I'm sorry," Harry said when Ron got to their table and sat down on the empty chair. Ron put his bag down. Faith could see the two boys were hesitant to make eye contact with each other. Why is that with boys? 

"Forgiven," Ron mumbled and they smiled at each other, a little awkward for Faith's liking but she couldn't complain. This was going a lot better than the fight they had the previous year. That went on for a few months. 

"Good day," Professor Trelawney interrupted Faith's train of thoughts with her dreamy voice. "And welcome back to Divination. I have, of course, been following your fortunes most carefully over the holidays, and am delighted to see that you have all returned to Hogwarts safely - as, of course, I knew you would.

"You will find on the tables before you copies of The Dream Oracle, by Inigo Imago. Dream interpretation is a most important means of divining the future and one that may very probably be testing in your OWL. Not, of course, that I believe examination passes or failures are of the remotest importance when it comes to the sacred art of divination. If you have the Seeing Eye, certificates and grades matter very little. However, the Headmaster likes you to sit the examination, so ..."