Chapter seventy-two

Faith was studying the pitch with squinted eyes. Cho was hovering in the air about ten feet away from her. Both Seekers were determined to catch the Snitch before the other did, and both wanted that for Harry.

In different ways, of course.

Cho wanted to catch the Snitch for Harry so he'd see that she was actually a better match for him than Faith.

Faith wanted to catch the Snitch so Cho would stop bothering Harry with her crying fits and desperation 

Since they were only minutes into the game, Faith thought it was safe to watch how Ron and Ginny were doing for a moment. 

Ginny had just lost the Quaffle to Bradley, one of Ravenclaw's chasers, who was speeding towards Ron. But Ron didn't look panicked at all. He seemed surprisingly confident. His body was leaning over his broom and his eyes were only fixated on the Quaffle under Bradley's arm. 

Faith noticed how Bradley was slightly leaning towards his left as if he were to score the goal in his left goalpost but Faith knew what he was trying to do. She used that tactic countless of times. Having the tiniest change of posture when approaching goal to fool the Keeper into thinking you're aiming for the other goal. But Ron saw right through him. When Bradley stretched out his arm to throw, Ron flew his broom towards the right goalpost and caught the Quaffle with one arm. 

Faith's face lit up in excitement. Ron just made a really tough save! The Gryffindor supporters stood up all at once and cheered loudly. A groan emerged from the Slytherins who had stopped singing their stupid song and that had made Faith ecstatic.

Faith wished Fred and George were there to see it so Ron could have the satisfaction of throwing it in their faces and making them admit they're related to him. 

And so the match continued on for about half an hour. The first goal Davies made in the first couple of seconds was immediately Ravenclaw's last goal because of Ron's sudden confidence spurt. Ginny was responsible for most of Gryffindor's goals, fooling their Keeper with the exact same tactics Bradley had tried to use on Ron earlier but failing to do so. Faith had never felt more proud of her semi-siblings. They were brilliant.

The Slytherins had completely given up on their song as a new song rang through the pitch. One of the Gryffindors had completely remade 'Weasley is our King'.

"Weasley is our King,
Weasley is our King,
He didn't let the Quaffle in,
Weasley is our King ..."

Faith waved at Ron happily but kept an eye on Cho when she saw the Ravenclaw Seeker change positions. Her gaze was fixated on a spot much lower as if she'd seen something but lost it again. Faith knew exactly what that little something was; the Snitch. 

Faith turned her attention away from Ron who was now cheering on Ginny and followed Cho's look. It took her a few seconds before Faith saw it but when she did, she dove. And so did Cho, right at the same time. 

Cho had a bit of an advantage since she was almost right above it but Faith knew how to make that an advantage for herself. 

"Weasley with the Quaffle, Weasley - I think the two Seekers have seen something, I think they both - THE SEEKERS ARE DIVING!" Lee Jordan's enthusiastic yell could be heard from anywhere on the Hogwarts grounds. 

Faith turned her broom, letting Cho dive for the Snitch alone for a moment. Faith lowered her broom until she was at the same level as the Snitch that kept flying up and down, and then she attacked. She spurted towards the Snitch, making her just a bit earlier than Cho who had to brake to avoid crashing into the ground, and followed the Snitch over the pitch.