Part 48: Full Circle

- ...
- ...
- Hey.
- Hi.
- Can I come in?
- Sure.
    John stepped aside and Michael walked inside,dragging his suitcase. He looked around the living room, followed by John, whostill couldn't believe Michael was right here, in front of him.
- That's a nice house! Are Sean and Evelien here?
- No, they're at their families. I stayed here to feed BB.
    BB showed up and sniffed Michael, wanting to figure out who he was. Michael petted him and asked John permission:
- May I sit? I'm tired from the flight.
    John nodded, and Michael stopped petting BB and sat down on the couch. John sat there as well, keeping a distance from Michael, who was still looking at the house. When he finally turned his attention to John, he observed his injuries.
- Are you better? You've had a lot of hits.
- Yeah, I am. My nose is almost back to normal.
- That's good.
- Yeah...
- But I'm not here just to check on you. You know that, right?
- I do.
- Okay then. Let me start.
    Michael took a deep breath, recollected his thoughts and started speaking, knowing there was no way back. This was it.

- Look, I know we've had our problems this pastmonth, and we had some serious fights that led us into this break, but I neverstopped caring about you. I always wondered if you're okay, if you had funhere. And yes, when I learnt about you getting hurt, it struck me a lot. I feltguilty, I felt it was my fault for not being there. I know it wasn't, butstill.
    Hesitating, Michael sat closer to John and took his hand. John didn't resist, letting Michael continue:
- John, I 1000% know that I love you, okay? And Iwant you to be happy. So, I'm gonna respect your decision, no matter which oneit is. I personally WANT us to be together, but if YOU don't want to, I willrespect it. I will get out of your life if doing it means you'll be happy, evenif it pains me. I just don't want to hurt you anymore as much as I did now, andI'll do whatever it takes. It's up to you.
    Michael let go of John's hand and slightly moved his body back, waiting for an answer. John sighed, thinking everything Michael had just said: he loved him so much, that he was willing to let him go, ignoring his own feelings.
- Michael... I knew you weren't selfish, but this... This is true selflessness. Are you sure you can do this?
- I'm sure.
- Wow... You know, I've kind of thought somethingsimilar... I didn't return for Christmas to keep a distance from you, and I wasplanning on staying here as long as it took. I probably wouldn't return bymyself, unless you wanted me back. I was even considering starting a new lifehere if it ended between us. But here you are, telling me YOU'RE willing toleave instead of me.
- ...
- Surprised? Just because I was in a new place, having fun with friends, that doesn't mean I didn't have time to think. I did. A LOT. I even made it to a point where I thought I was a burden to Sean and Evelien! And before you say anything, yes, I DID talk to them about that, I felt better afterwards. All it had to take was a walk to the beach and a random meeting with PewDiePie!
- Wait, what? You ACTUALLY met him?
- Yep! On the beach! And his pugs smelled me!
- Wow, what are the odds?
- You know we both beat the odds, dude!
- You're not wrong!

    Michael and John laughed with John's statement,remembering all the times they've randomly met YouTubers in person. It was thefirst time they were laughing together for a long time, so it was a goodmoment. When they stopped, John continued:
- Anyway, even after that, I was still not surewhat to do, and then Amy and that incident came. Before she left, Amy told methat even though it sounded stupid, you and I are somehow MEANT to be together.Like, destiny wants us together, you know? She also told me that we'll be ableto figure this out together. And... I believe she's right.
- Huh. You know, Amy talked to me as well before Ifinally decided coming here. I guess she wanted to give us a nudge.
- I guess she did! She looks out for all of us...
- She always has...
    Michael and John stayed quiet, remembering thewords Amy told each of them. She had seen the pain and sadness in both, and haddecided, even after all the events with her ex-husband, to give them a boost tohelp them finally sort their issues. She DID look out for everyone.
- ...
- Hey, Michael?
- Yeah?
- Amy was right. We ARE meant to be together.Despite everything, I still want to be with you. We have faced many challenges,and we will face more, as long as we are together.
   John approached Michael and took both his hands, smiling at him.
- I love you, Michael. Even if we let go of each other,I would never love anyone as much as I love you. I feel we're meant to betogether, forever and always.
- Forever and always, huh?
- Yes. Is it wrong to think that?
- ...No, it's not. We're together, forever and always.
    Michael and John hugged, sensing each other'swarmth, feeling their love for each other filling them. They kissed deeply andsweetly, knowing their hearts were in the right place: together, as one. Theypulled away and fell deep into each other's eyes, smiling.
- You know... We got jacksepticeye's house all by ourselves...
- Michael...
- What? I just said that the whole house is ours, take your mind out of the gutter!
- Michael...
- Okay, keep it in the gutter!
- Fine, you win. But we're NOT going to Sean and Evelien's bedroom!
- Deal!
Michael agreed, picked up John and took him to the guest room, ready to fully reconnect with him.