Part 17: For Daniel

September 18th, 2015

    The news had come out. It was official: Daniel Kyre had passed away. Two days ago, he had attempted suicide and was sent to the hospital. Today, the doctors informed that his brain was technically dead and there was no other choice than to unplug him. And that was what happened.

    Mark, Matt, Ryan and Daniel's family were all devastated. All their channels and social media stayed quiet after announcing the news, for who knows how long. However, the social media all over the world filled the silent ones with wishes, art and messages; messages of sadness,messages of love, messages of hope.

    Everyone, without any exceptions, left their own speech, their own message of love. Including a man who was casually talking with Daniel Kyre about music and song writing, one day before his suicide attempt, and never noticed his behavior until it was too late...

September 22nd, 2015

    John sighed deeply, checking to see if everything was ready for recording their new let's play. Michael, who was checking on their older computer, looked at him.
- You're still thinking of him, aren't you?
     John nodded, without taking his eyes off the screen.
- I should have been more suspicious, Michael... I DID notice something was seemingly wrong with him when we were talking, but the fact that he looked happy made me think that he was probably tired or something!
- WAS he happy, though?
- I really doubt it... Maybe he was because he had already taken the decision to... to do it for a reason only he himself knew. Noway was he happy meeting us.
    With those words, John sighed. Michael stayed quiet for a few moments, then theorized:
- I think he was happy for both reasons.
- What makes you say that?
- Well, if he wasn't, he wouldn't have been excited to discuss music with you! Would he?
    John lifted his eyes and looked at Michael with realization, his mind wandering to one week ago, bringing that special conversation back. He then sighed again.
- You are right...
    Michael nodded and faintly smiled at John.
- You know what?
- What?
- We may never know why Daniel wanted to stop living, but I bet he would want us to continue living.
- Us?
- Us. His family, Mark, Matt, Ryan, us two, EVERYONE that knew him. He would want all of us to move on and continue living.

    John was silent, thinking of everything his best friend said, but he didn't get to answer, because the computer he was sitting at notified him for a Skype call. John blinked a few times to shoo his thoughts away, and checked to see who was calling. He looked up at Michael again.
- It's Jack.
- Pick it up, then! And don't forget to add me in the call!
- Okay, I will, I will! Jesus Christ...
John murmured, rolling his eyes and acting like too much pressure was on his arms, clicked the green call button and greeted:
- Hey, Jack!
- Hi, John!
Jack's loud high-pitched Irish voice echoed through John's headphones, making him jump slightly and comment:
- Loud as always, Jack!
- Hahaha, thank you! Did I scare you?
- Yeah, a little.
- Sorry about that. You'll get used to it.
- I should remember to turn the volume down from now on.
- Yeah, that's a good thing too!
- Okay, give me a moment to add Michael to the call.
- Okay!
    Within 10 seconds, Michael had joined the group call, who in the meantime was wondering what was going on and what he should expect.
- Hi, Jack!
- Sup, Michael!
Jack greeted, and it was Michael's turn to jump, his headphones almost falling. He commented, adjusting them on his head:
- Well, that's a loud-ass voice!
    John lifted an eyebrow and pointed out, while Jack was laughing loudly:
- You should paid given attention to my reactions.
- Yeah. Yeah, I should have.
    After Jack was done laughing (and Psychoburners had both slightly turned down the volume at their computers), the three YouTubers connected at the game they were about to play: Lethal League. Jack asked with excitement:
- Alright, who's ready for some beating up?
- Me!
John replied, raising his fist in the air, but putting it down when he heard his best friend say:
- Let's do this for Daniel!