Part 26: A Not So Different Birthday

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!

October 20th, 2016, John's house, Los Angeles, California

    John's 29th birthday, to both his and Michael's surprise, were celebrated just like the previous ones: not only Michael, but also Emily, Evelyn, Amy and Sean were there to celebrate with him. It was definitely not expected after everyone's personal lives changed.
    Aftertheir return, Evelyn and Emily had accepted the new situation and, with Amy'shelp, had gotten along with Michael and John, determined to keep the promise ofremaining together, no matter what happened. It was awkward in the beginning,but all of them were confident that sooner or later it would be better. Andindeed, the awkwardness had started fading away. As well about Sean, he wasreally happy with Michael and John being together; maybe TOO happy.

- TO OUR BLUE-HAIRED GAY-
- SEAN!
- IT'S ACTUALLY BISEXUAL!
- MICHAEL!
- ...BISEXUAL MAN WHO I SEE AS A SECOND BROTHER! TO JOHN!
- TO JOHN!
    Everyone clinked their glasses and drank. Michael was the first to break the silence afterwards:
- Yeah, Sean, you are NOT making another toast ever again...
- BUT WHY?
- Oh, I don't know! Do YOU know?
- HEY, WEREN'T YOU THE ONE WHO CORRECTED ME?
- THIS CORRECTION COMES NATURAL, YOU KNOW!
- GUYS, STOP!
Johninterrupted the argument between the two cousins. He then began explaining toSean:
- Sean,I appreciate this toast you made for me, I really do. On the other hand, youroverexcitement about me and Michael being together is great, but also a littleawkward. Remember that we're all still getting used to this, and unlike you,some of us will take a while to adapt in this new situation.
    Sean lifted an eyebrow.
- I get it about the girls, it would be weird for me too, but what about you two? You guys have been together for three months now! Aren't you already used to this?
    Michael cleared his throat.
- It'snot the same, Sean. When we confessed to each other and started dating, none ofyou were here; you were far away, so we began this alone. When we announced ourrelationship to all of you, THEN you joined us. So now, you guys are with us,and this isn't only about how we act towards each other, but also how we act toyou guys, and vice versa. It's not the same being six than being two. Ormaybe... seven?
    Michael's eyes turned to Jimmy, who was playing with Toothless across the living room.
- You didn't tell him, did you, Amy?
- No...At first, I decided not to tell him anything, but he saw Evelyn crying thefirst day she joined us... That and you not being with her, made him realizesomething went wrong, so I had to say the truth... Then, Emily told him abouther and John, since he noticed she looked a little distant. However, none of ushas said anything about you two. We decided you should be the ones to do it.
    John widened his eyes and opened his hands, a sign to stop everythingfor a moment.
- Woah, woah, wait... You're his mother and you haven't even thought what ALL mothers think about their three-year-old children? That he's too young and he won't understand and kids usually shouldn't be aware so early that there aren't only male-female relationships etc. etc.???
    Amy smiled at John, remaining calm.
- I have. And I discussed it with Emily and Evelyn for hours and hours and hours... Until I decided that since Jimmy was clever enough to notice and accept these break-ups, he'll be clever enough to realize the thing between you too.
   Michaeland John looked at each other. Would it be a good idea informing Jimmy thatearly?
- You know what, Michael?
- What?
- The sooner he knows, the better.
- ... You're right. Let's do this.

    Michael and John sat on the floor across Jimmy, whereas the rest sat on the couch and the armchair. John spoke first:
- Uh, Jimmy? What are you up to, buddy?
- Toothless doesn't like it when I touch his belly! He attacked me!
Jimmycomplained, showing his arms, which were full of small scratches. Amy was readyto get up in concern, but John raised his finger and stopped her, winking ather. He then checked the scratches.
- Oh, they're not anything serious. A fearless captain pirate like you shouldn't be afraid of light injuries, right?
- Right!
Jimmyagreed, ready to impersonate his favorite role: Captain Jimmy the FearlessPirate, who feared nothing and nobody. Playing pirates with Michael and Johnwas one of his favorite games.
- Right. But remember, captain, Toothless is a cat, NOT a dog. He doesn't like pats in the belly, so no touching there, okay?
- Aye!
- Great! Now, there's something serious that Michael and I want to tell you...
- I know, I know! You want to tell me what mommy told me when we weren't home, don't you?
Jimmyinterrupted them, making everyone bite their lip in awkwardness. Michael shookhis head.
- No, no! But it is a little related to that... John?
- Yeah... So, Jimmy... You know that a man and a woman can be a couple, right?
- Yeah, I do!
- Good. Did you know, though, that... a man and another man can be a couple, too?
- Really? Can this happen?
- Yeah!
- Can a woman be with another woman, then?
- Of course!
Michaelanswered instead of John. Jimmy was looking at both, seeming thoughtful.
- But... isn't a man and a woman the normal thing?
    John motioned Michael to answer, who cleared his throat, trying to figure out what exactly to say.
- Intheory, yes. But you know, there are men who don't feel like being with women;instead, they prefer other men, and vice versa. And the "normal" for themis this, so in reality, there is no normal and abnormal.
- And you know, there are also people who like both men and women!
John added. Jimmy got up from the ground, approached Amy and asked:
- Mommy, if I liked boys, would you still love me?
- Of course I would, you silly!
Amyreplied and embraced her son, both laughing happily. Emily caught Jimmy'slittle hand and added:
- All of us will still love you, because no matter who you like, you will still be you.
- Notthat it IS necessary liking other boys, right guys?
Evelyn completed, staring at Michael and John, with the latter agreeing:
- Right. It's not necessary. You will know that in the future, when you are older. Okay?
    Jimmynodded, shouting "okay" with a big smile. Suddenly, his eyes wentback and forth to Michael and John for a few seconds, making both slightlynervous. He then asked, looking skeptical:
- Michael, you're a man, right?
- Uh... Yes?
- John, you're a man too, right?
- Yeah...?
- Does that mean... you two can be a couple?
- Yeah, we can!
- But you both like women...
- Uh-huh...
- ...but John, you said there are people who can like both men and women, right?
- Yeah, I did...
- So... are you... these people?
- You got it, Jimmy! You are a genius!
Michaelpraised Jimmy, who smiled widely in satisfaction. John asked him, holdingMichael's hand:
- Now that you get it, what are Michael and I?
- A... couple?
- Exactly!
- YAYYYYYYY!
    Jimmy clapped with enthusiasm, andMichael and John sigh in relief. As it seemed, Jimmy had taken it better than they expected. Having 100% understood it or not, at least he had a good reaction.

    It was midnight when everyone left; only Michael was still in John's house. He approached John, who was cleaning up, hugged him from the back and started kissing his neck.
- Michael, stop, I'm trying to clean up here...
- Leave it for tomorrow...
- Youknow I can't, I'm a cleaning maniac! Go home, we'll have alone time tomorrow!
- I want to stay here tonight.
    Johnalmost dropped the dishes he was holding. He put them down and turned around.
- What. Did you just say?
- You heard me. And not just on the couch. I want to sleep with you.
- ...
- We've been dating forthree months, John. I do respect you not wanting us to have... you know what, but I still want to sleep with you. I want to wake up next to you and see your beautiful sleeping face. I want us to cuddle before we sleep and after we wake up. Do I ask too much?
- Aw, Michael...
- Please?
Michael begged, staring at John with big eyes. John smiled, rolling his eyes, and admitted:
- Alright, the truth is, I have been wanting to sleep with you too...
- Really?
- Really. And you know what? We will sleep together-
- YES!
- But on two terms.
- Which are?
- One, no sex unless I change my mind, which I doubt I will.
- I never planned to take it there anyway! And the second?
- You help me clean up this mess now, THEN we lie down.
- Deal!

    Afterthey finished cleaning up, Michael and John visited the bathroom and brushedtheir teeth. John was ready to remove his eye contacts, but Michael stopped himby hugging him from behind again.
- What do you want now...?
- Would you mind removing them later?
- Why?
- So that we can have a little fun...
Michael whispered at John's ear and slightly bit it, causing the birthday man to sweat. He opened a cupboard and grabbed a small mirror, along with his contacts case.
- Let's go to my bed... But remember the first term!
- No worries, I do!
Michaelreassured John and holding him from his hand, pulled him to his bedroom. Johnleft the mirror and the contacts case on his nightstand and sat on the bed;Michael had already sat, still holding his hand. He cupped John's head andstarted kissing him; John kissed him back and soon, they were both embraced ona heated making out, feeling needier and needier for each other. They stoppedonly for a moment to remove each other's shirts and continued for what feltlike years.
    Suddenly,Michael pulled away and kissed John everywhere on his neck, until he left ahickey at his sensitive spot, causing him breathing moans. He then proceeded bykissing and leaving more hickeys at the rest of his upper body, until he onceagain reached his pants. He could clearly see that John was as turned on as hewas, but he knew his boyfriend would be afraid to move on too far. The lastthing he wanted was to hurt him on his birthday.
    Michaelpulled away and, instead of removing John's pants, he removed his own pantsalong with his boxers, staying completely naked. John, who had never seen himfully naked, blushed and whispered:
- What are you doing?
- Not what you don't want me to do, that's for sure!
Michael answered and took John's hand, leading it to touch his penis.
- ...
- Feel free to touch it... Experiment a little.
    Johnobeyed and started exploring Michael's genitals, feeling weird, yet fascinatedhe was touching another man's penis besides his own. He grabbed it and lookedMichael, who nodded at him. John started moving his hand up and down to all itslength, and Michael quietly moaned with pleasure, confirming John he liked it.He continued to do it, making Michael's moans a little louder, until he stoppedhim.
- Did I do something wrong?
- N-No... You're doing great. I stopped you cause I'm about to come.
- And you don't want to stain my bed?
- No, you silly! I want... to do the same to you. To handjob each other.
- ...
- If you want to, of course.
- Alright,I'll be honest... I felt a little jealous because you weren't doing this to me.
- Really? You mean we can...?
- Yes.But let me get a towel first, I JUST changed the sheets and I really don't wantto stain the bed!
    Michaellaughed as John ran to the bathroom to grab a towel and returned. He spread it onthe bed and quickly removed his pants, while Michael sat at it. Hesitating, hetook off his boxers next, staying completely naked as well. He sat acrossMichael, who admired John, despite blushing just like him.
- Wow...
- Uh... It's just a penis, you know.
    Theyboth laughed as Michael reached his hand and explored the blue haired man'sgenitals. He grabbed his penis and started moving his hand up and down, makingJohn leave a few moans. He stopped and stated:
- I continue only if you do...
- Right...
Johnremembered and continued handjobing Michael, who did the same to him. Thebedroom was filled with moans of pleasure, which lasted for a while, until thetwo lovers finally came. They stared at each other, out of breath.

- ...
- ...
- ...
- Happy birthday, John.
- Thank you, Michael.
- Did you... like what we did?
- I loved it.
- Good.
- So, uh, Michael?
- Yeah?
- The towel remained clean, but we need a shower...
- How about we do one together?
- ...
- Please? This will be the last thing I'll ask from you.
- Fine! One shower and then we sleep. Okay?
- Okay!
    Indeed,after a refreshing shower, the couple fell asleep in each other's arms, feelingexhausted, yet happy.